News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any 2017 hobby resolutions to share?

Started by Leevibe, December 15, 2016, 10:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

2016 has not been super productive for me in the "projects completed" column, but I've been stewing on a lot of fun ideas and I've made progress on some fronts. I'm hoping 2017 will be the year I have time (& money) to execute on some plans.

Here are my 2017 guitar geekery resolutions:

TO FINISH:
- the 1590G project I've been chipping away at
- a gate/maximizer dual pedal for my board
- a 4-effect multi that's been partly done for at least a couple years
- an OD circuit I've been fiddling with

TO START (and hopefully finish):
- I have a chimaera board that's been rocked forever. I want to make a steampunk pedal out of it
- a harmonic percolator project with some fun surprises
- something with nixie tubes
- a rat (with a creepy twist)
- a couple aesthetic ideas I've really been wanting to try
- I have a cool old radio cabinet that I want to convert to an amp & effects rig. I think it will be 5F2A based
- hopefully a Timelapse!!

thesmokingman

I resolve to getting myself back to building. 2016 was an abject wash for me.
On a positive note, I no longer have a PCB bag of unfinished projects. They've migrated to a sorted three ring binder with schematics as motivation to get organized and do the work.
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jubal81

Easy: I need to focus on one project at a time. Hard to finish anything the way I do it now.

Boxing and art always the part I don't like. The makerspace here is only $30 a month, so I think doing the work there will make it more fun.

Got some submini tubes and a platform for using them in a 125b, but I think first up has to be the second iteration of the Brazen Bull. Thinking more and more about that.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Leevibe

Quote from: jubal81 on December 15, 2016, 11:05:30 AM
Got some submini tubes and a platform for using them in a 125b, but I think first up has to be the second iteration of the Brazen Bull. Thinking more and more about that.

Brazen Bull is one of my all time favorite builds

jimilee

Build more, play more, and more guitars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dbp512

Knock down the to-do list.
- Liquid mercury and giant hogweed for Dan. He sent me his enclosures months ago, I just haven't had a chance to work on them much.
- Those same builds for myself. But I'd rather get his done and sent back to him before I do my own.
- L5; I've been drooling over this since it was announced. I need to order a few parts from Mouser before I can begin.
- A few smaller circuits I haven't had the chance to start yet (slow gear, KoT, OCD, S&H, Flangelicious, DigiDelay when its released, et al.)
- Build a small amp. Right now I'm thinking either the Tiny Giant or the Frog tube amp. This will be the perfect complement to the L5, and allow me to run a stereo setup.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

juansolo

I've got a tonne of boards from peeps that I need to build but have hit a brick wall of CBA...

Though I will build myself another PS1A on one of Alan's boards in the new year as I currently don't have one.

Plus there's a final two projects in the wings that will need boxing up when they're done.

After that, who knows. Maybe I'll finally get around to that Flange? or the Tap analogue delay that's in the PCB box...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Muadzin

No plans to build anything pedal related since I've gone digital. Still planning on building a few more guitars, maybe a bass as well. I'm also thinking of maybe building a speaker cabinet

jubal81

Quote from: Muadzin on December 15, 2016, 03:39:19 PM
No plans to build anything pedal related since I've gone digital. Still planning on building a few more guitars, maybe a bass as well. I'm also thinking of maybe building a speaker cabinet

Digital?

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jkokura

I gotta finally build my Lightning Clone. Dangit, it's been 3 years in the project to do list.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Muadzin

Quote from: jubal81 on December 15, 2016, 03:45:36 PM
Digital?

Fractal Axe-FX my good fellow.

I haven't touched a pedal in months. It's da bomb!

dan.schumaker

As last year, my goal is to build less and play more (and finish up my AC-15 and GFS ES-355)

dont-tase-me-bro

Buy new soldering system with hot air and vacuum
Learn SMD
Make small stuff
I thought this would save me money.

Willybomb

I'm thinking i need to find uses for a lot of the builds I've done this year, or at least mount them on pedalboards.  Been a relatively productive year.

Aristatertotle

Things to do in no particular order:

Finish the 6 in progress pedals.

Finish my 2 in progress guitars.

Finish my effects loop switcher I've got in progress.

Build my ultimate home re-amp/headphone practice/mixer project I've got planned out.

Embark on my journey into the world of synths! (A very dangerous journey to begin, I reckon)