News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

offboard belton brick

Started by dbp512, December 20, 2016, 06:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbp512

So I'm finally building a reverb, specifically the rub a dub deluxe with the belton 3h using vero. It has a bunch of annoying connections to both sides of the board as well as the dual gang pot. I don't want to end up with a rats nest of wires soldered onto it, so I was looking for a more elegant solution. Would something like this housing connector work? That way I could organize all the wires coming off it, and simply plug it into the brick.

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/connectors-sockets/wafer-housing-crimp-terminal/housing-connector-2-54mm-10-pins.html
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jimilee

That would work, it would probably be more headache than it's worth. Mount the brick to its own piece of vero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

dbp512

I was originally going to use vero, but when I saw that header connector I thought it might be a better idea. But I think I'll listen to you and go for vero anyway, which works well cause I won't need to wait for another part.
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

matmosphere

as long as the rat's nest fits in the box that's all that matters. You'll never see it again.

selfdestroyer

When I was testing a bunch of beltons I used a leaf socket and cut it in half and used it to "plug in" the belton brick into. I would not use it as a permanent solution but if you wanting to test and not soldier the belton it was the best option for me.

Like this one: