News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DAW/computer help

Started by Matt, March 03, 2017, 12:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Having an issue recording with sonar professional on a laptop. The recording is delayed by a a few hundred ms. And sometimes distorted. It does this whether I use the CPU mic or a Scarlett 2i4 interface. The usage meter on SONAR shows well under 50%.

I'm using an HP laptop with a second gen i7 and the stock Realtek sound card.
I'm assuming that the sound card is the issue but I'm not sure. All drivers have been updated
Any ideas?
Matt

Ralfg

I use Sonar and a Scarlet to record my band. It took me a while to set up my settings, but ultimately I think you need to disable the internal sound card completely in sonar and then use the AISO driver for the Scarlet. You don't need to do anything in your windows settings.  Even with the ASIO driver I get a little latency using any software based effects, so I do all the monitoring through the Scarlet mix control.

Hope this helps or at least gets you going in the right direction. I can give you more details if you need it.
Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

blearyeyes

HamSandwich

Under 50%, does that mean you are getting peaks of 50%? That is pretty high for an i7, I would think. 2011 they came out? What's your entire CPU usage and memory?

Matt

Quote from: HamSandwich on March 03, 2017, 05:18:45 PM
Under 50%, does that mean you are getting peaks of 50%? That is pretty high for an i7, I would think. 2011 they came out? What's your entire CPU usage and memory?
No where near 50. It might have hit 8% at most. Sorry should have been more specific
Matt

Matt

Quote from: Ralfg on March 03, 2017, 01:50:24 PM
I use Sonar and a Scarlet to record my band. It took me a while to set up my settings, but ultimately I think you need to disable the internal sound card completely in sonar and then use the AISO driver for the Scarlet. You don't need to do anything in your windows settings.  Even with the ASIO driver I get a little latency using any software based effects, so I do all the monitoring through the Scarlet mix control.

Hope this helps or at least gets you going in the right direction. I can give you more details if you need it.
I'll give this a try asap
Matt

gordo

Ditto on the above with a standalone PC.  Drove me nuts till I finally figured out the sound card was fighting for contention.  I have my PC routed thru the Scarlett and picked up a little Behringer Xenyx 1002 mixer to push the outputs to my speakers.  That way I can route audio thru the mixer or route the Scarlett thru the mixer.

You'll be knocked out with how good the Scarlett sounds.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Matt

Quote from: Matt on March 03, 2017, 06:28:28 PM
Quote from: Ralfg on March 03, 2017, 01:50:24 PM

I'll give this a try asap

That did the trick!  Thank you it's working great now
Matt