News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Electric Druid Delay

Started by bsoncini, December 20, 2016, 01:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsoncini

Anyone checked out this delay that they are coming out with.  Should be out in the next month.  http://electricdruid.net/diy-digital-delay/  Up to 4 second delay. I built his flanger which I thought was pretty good.  Can go from mild to wild.  I've been building a bunch of lofi pt2399 based delays for my friends in the noise scene.  Might be nice to have something a little more hifi if it turns out to be.  Echo splashes is a pretty cool feature as well as tap tempo

Here are the features.

0 → 4 Seconds of digital delay
    12 bit/32KHz input, 16 bit/32KHz output
    Delay trails (tails) on/off
    Noiseless effect in/out bypass switching
    Momentary/latching feature on bypass switch for "echo splashes"
    Tap tempo
    Tempo LED to indicate echo rate
    Dry audio path is entirely analog
    Delay Time, Repeats, and Delay Level controls
    High and Low tone filter controls

Willybomb

That looks pretty damn special.

alanp

Better yet, it's a thru-hole processor. Tom's stuff is always pretty dang good.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

dbp512

I have the flanger in the mail, I was trying to wait off as long as possible to order the delay as well, but I just need a ca3080 for a compressor and smallbear ran out. I'll be placing an order for it quite shortly. I can't wait to try it out, or at the very least hear some demos!
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

bsoncini

I must say that the documentation is really top notch and really aimed at helping people relatively new to building stuff. It is probably also the quickest build I've ever done in a 1590bb. Thats saying a lot as flangers are normally pretty complex. I imagine the delay docs will be of similar quality

Soup39

The linked site also sells the 3080.

JC103

Looks like the ultimate Boss DD-2 or DD-3 delay. Pretty cool!

midwayfair

dan.schumaker

I think I am going to have to try this out when it is available :)

bsoncini

The PCB and chipset is up for sale as a preorder if anyone is interested.

jubal81

Couldn't resist - ordered this set and the 4-knob Flanger set. Merry Christmas to me!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

bsoncini

I think you'll like the flanger. Can do a nice chorus to real extreme comb filtering. Can get a little noisy at extreme settings but that is to be expected. I have a friend that does a lot of experimental stuff that borrows mine often.

bsoncini

Also for the flanger. There isn't much space in a 1590bb for the DC jack. Use of of the Jack's that screws from the outside and doesn't take much place inside.

stringsthings

Just visited the electric druid website.  This delay project looks super cool.
I'm definitely going to get this and the flanger after the current batch of synth projects.
All You Need Is Love

Aristatertotle

I just bought the chip and board set!!! Was just checking the page to see if there was an update there and boom, link to shop page! Woo!