Cap Questions - Best Electrolytics? Why not Polyprop for everything?

Started by AwesomeTyler, December 06, 2016, 07:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coda-effects

QuoteMouser is great, but there is a bit of a learning curve to decode it, since they sell so much stuff

Yep! They have so many parts available that you really need to know the reference of the component you are looking for. Also, look carefuly whether they have your component in stock or not, because it can take a few months before they have it back in stock for you.

One of the nicest parts of mouser is its customer service, I have recently called them to change a reference that was not available, they have a French-speaking customer service, and I could change the reference in 5 minutes, and get my components 2 days later!

QuoteI've found to be the typical reason for the multitude of different models on Mouser
Sometimes, it is simply the way components are packed. For instance, I recently ordered vishay CMF55 resistors, and each values had at least 3 different references on mouser. It was simply dependent on how components were sold: bulk, full or by 1000.
If you look carefully at the reference and compare it to the datasheet, there is no way you receive something you did not expected to get. It takes a bit of time to learn though.

Regarging electrolytic capacitors quality, Nichicon are indeed good. I also use Panasonic FC series.