News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any reason NOT to buy an h9

Started by playpunk, December 22, 2016, 05:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

Thinking of buying an eventide h9 (max) and moving to that system for all of my delays, reverbs, and modulation needs.

Anyone go that route and regret it? Any Strymon apologists want to talk me into the holiest of trinity's?
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Leevibe

I'm pretty smitten by the H9. Wish I could afford one. I think I will eventually get one. It makes decent sense since they came out with the spacetime algo.

Matt

I just checked it out on Eventides website and for the most part it seems like it has alot to offer. However,I don't like the idea of paying for additional algorithms
Matt

sonnyboy27

If you get the MAX version then you get all of the algorithms they have to offer. But it's like $699 or something crazy. You could probably find it cheaper used. Folks like the idea of it but then get flustered with the interface and ditch it pretty often so it's worth a try.

gtr2

I have a two.  A maxed version and a core.  You can use all the algorithms with the the core as well once you are maxed.
They are fantastic and with adding an expression controller you can do some unimaginable things.
I do prefer having stand alone pedals with controls that you can see but they sound great and are very flexible.
I use them live, but I don't dig into them as much as I should be for what they cost.  I have my go to presets and I pretty much stick to them.  I'm just not crazy about the tape delays on it, but it works perfect for the audience ears.
Josh

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer