News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LE Overdrive - Pastie Drive

Started by masterlk, December 22, 2016, 12:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masterlk

Just finished the Pastie Drive from VIPFx. Good pedal. I like the presence and mid contour switches over a typical TS style pedal. A little on the fizzy side. Just a hand painted enclosure. It was going to be a project that my daughter(4) was to help paint but once the enclosure was done she chickened out....so I got to paint it...funny it still looks like a 4 year old did it! It's all good. This one will have to grow on me.

Nick

jimilee

Very cool, I love paisley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

diablochris6

That is a sick paint job. I really dig the Paisley Drive.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

287m

woah, why today i see some beautiful hand paint finishing?
you guys amazing

m-Kresol

looks really good and the colour scheme works very well with the knobs and everything.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

masterlk

Martan

Looks great! Got a Paisley Tele to go with it?

masterlk

masterlk

Ok, this is crazy but I just noticed that the down position for the mid contour is the same as the up position on the original pedal. So my pedal is down position is the pushed mids, center is scooped and up is somewhere in the middle. The commercial pedal is the opposite. Anyone know if this is how it is supposed to be or have I made a boo boo somewhere?

masterlk

To clarify...my pedal is mid pushed when switch is up, therefore the opposite of the commercial pedal. Is this how it is supposed to be? the other positions seem to function as normal.

Boba7

I'd say it's normal, I mean, as long as you have all 3 positions working, it doesnt matter if the toggle switch is reversed compared to the Wampler pedal! :)

Beautiful work by the way, I love it!

masterlk

Well, that's what I was thinking...however since I can't leave anything alone I flipped the switch around and it functioned the same. Anyone else build this that can verify? I ordered the same switch in the build doc since it had to function a specific way.

Stomptown

It's the PCB layout.  Flipping the switch will not change a thing (as you've  already found out).