News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deadringer Jr. - Etcher's Paradise

Started by Ralfg, December 31, 2016, 11:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralfg

Finally got around to boxing this thing.  I ended up not using the flats switch.  The etch image is stolen from Ironfire Brewing Company's Six Killer Stout, an amazingly good beer and a great brewery.

For some reason boxing this up was causing me so many problems today.  Wires were burning, then I realized my solder iron was too hot must have bump the stupid little temp wheel on it, which I do all the time.  Then I had a bad switch, then I had the clipping switch the wrong way.  Oh well, its good experience right?  The rest of the build was really smooth, especially etching the pcb and drilling the holes.

I like this pedal a lot.  It's going on my pedal board for sure.  I like that its a smaller version of the Fulldrive and gives me exactly what I need.  I love the way single coils sound through this thing, it really lets them shine through so you can totally hear you are playing a single coil.

All in all great pedal.  Totally loving the Etcher's paradise projects. 

Dr. Von Fuzzbrauer @ Rocket Surgeon Effects Pedals
https://www.smallspacesband.com/

stringsthings

Very nice build.   And you're right with trouble-shooting being a good experience.
I used to etch a lot of boards and then I went on a stretch of purchasing PCB's.
Just etched a board for a compressor and it's time to drill the holes.
All You Need Is Love