News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Years is pathetic when you get old.

Started by jkokura, December 31, 2016, 06:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

I'm spending some of tonight doing some 'winter cleaning'. Lame.

But on the plus side, I think I have a somewhat ready plan for my PT-Hr rewrite. Only hesitation is that I'm not super happy with the Reverb location. I'd rather have a delay pedal there.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

I've been working on a parts order for assembly contract work...
Might go to bed soon...  :)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cloudscapes

Think I spent half of the last 6 new years by my lonesome, nothin' wrong with that!

jimilee

This was my New Year's Eve. Me and my brother did a couple of acoustic sets at a friends restaurant / bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

All those spectacular guitars you have, and you play the Bass Jimi?

You're a gem. Hope it was a fun gig.

As for me, my PT-Jr is coming together. I think I'm going to have to build a pedal for it though. I need a smaller delay pedal, so I'm gonna see if Bean's new 125B sized Aquaboy will do, but I usually use a longer delay than 300ms. We'll see.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

New Year's Eve is awesome in your 40's. Get to stay at home with the family and go to sleep at 11pm! Maybe I'll get a social life again in my 50's.

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: madbean on January 01, 2017, 07:19:36 AM
New Year's Eve is awesome in your 40's. Get to stay at home with the family and go to sleep at 11pm! Maybe I'll get a social life again in my 50's.

Absolutely.  Watch a football game, drink a glass of wine or 2, go to bed at 11PM and know you have a better than 50/50 chance of getting lucky with someone you don't have to worry about catching the scurvy from.  Wouldn't trade this. 
Jonathan

davent

From 1-9 in the kitchen cooking, ate from 9-1 then cleaned up from 1-2:30, bed round 3:00. There's no slowing down, it is what you make it and i'm old.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jimilee

Quote from: jkokura on January 01, 2017, 06:47:02 AM
All those spectacular guitars you have, and you play the Bass Jimi?

You're a gem. Hope it was a fun gig.

Jacob
Yep, I know, crazy, right??? There are so many more pretty guitars than basses.
It was a great gig, we weren't loud at all, and very relaxed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

Yup another in bed by 11 here.  The kids stayed up till midnight.  Today I'm back painting the joinery on the exterior of our 2nd story... meh

Happy new year peeps :)

bamslam69

Had a casual NYE party planned with family and friends, then everyone started dropping out. Canned it, took the family out for dinner at a local steakhouse, then back home, watched some movies, and enjoyed the remaining Christmas beers I had saved. Great night!
I couldn't be arsed heading into town and dealing with crowds just to watch 15min of fireworks. The view was better on the telly.

alanp

Heh, I like to think that this forum is helping popularise "Can't be arsed" in USA usage :)

I'm finding that a lot of annual events that are so underwear-wettingly exciting when you're ten are a load of meh when you're older. Wow, more fireworks. Meh. It's a new year? So what?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

mjg

I ended up getting the telescope out and doing some star gazing, but gave up at 10:30 as the mosquitos were out in droves.  I did pick out Neptune, which was a first for me. 

Sleeping by about 11pm.  Can't be arsed in Australia either.   :D

gordo

I touched up a fret on the GFS set neck strat that's been bugging me.  Got the Peavey auto tune ready for its maiden flight in church this morning. Was asleep by 10.

The AT-200 was amazing. I have better sounding guitars but the intonation is just scary good. Did a credible 12 string and was able to tune down to D on the fly. When you install the expansion pack there's a bit of a learning curve but I'm having a blast. 2017, so far so good!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

juansolo

Started Skyrim again, played through until the fireworks outside had stopped, went to bed... Woke up, continued playing Skyrim...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk