News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A funny story for today

Started by Timko, January 03, 2017, 08:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timko

A couple of friends who are in a band came over to my house last week to pick up some pedals for a show they were playing. After demoing some of my builds, I gave one of them an overdrive and a fuzz pedal because he couldn't turn his amp up loud enough to get the breakup he wanted. The overdrive was a SuproDeux from TH Customs via CultureJam and the fuzz was a Wolfshirt with an octave footswitch a la the Fulltone Ultimate Octave.  I actually burned myself with a soldering iron an hour before that show, so I was at home in pain and missed it.  But this morning, I got a message from the guy who I lent those pedals to.  Someone had reviewed their show, and made the following comments.

"I want to know exactly what was in your guitar player's pedal chain, because a Stratocaster into a Fender and Roland (I think that's what the second amp was?) is not supposed to be able to make crunchy tones like that. It sounded incredible. Like Josh Homme incredible. Seriously, make him right it down for me."

For anyone who isn't a Homme/Queens of the Stone Age fan, one of his fuzz pedals of choice is the Fulltone UO.  Anyway, it's nice to know some of my builds are out melting faces off in Kansas City.

matmosphere

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

Martan

Super cool! Was the octave switch your own design or in the build doc?

cajone5

Timko

Quote from: Martan on January 05, 2017, 02:27:55 PM
Super cool! Was the octave switch your own design or in the build doc?

You just replace the switch with a DPDT footswitch, and wire an LED to the other pole to indicate it's engaged.

culturejam

That's awesome.

But.....
Quote from: Timko on January 03, 2017, 08:27:28 PM
The overdrive was a SuproDeux from TH Customs via CultureJam

How was I involved?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Timko

Quote from: culturejam on January 05, 2017, 05:17:24 PM
That's awesome.

But.....
Quote from: Timko on January 03, 2017, 08:27:28 PM
The overdrive was a SuproDeux from TH Customs via CultureJam

How was I involved?

You're not :).  I was having a back to work memory lapse.  But congratulations, you are now!

culturejam

Okay, just wanted to make sure the decades of drinking hadn't clouded my memory that bad.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects