News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean's "kits" are all stolen from Freestomboxes

Started by culturejam, January 14, 2017, 05:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Quote from: atreidesheir on January 25, 2017, 02:38:15 AM
No, Forrest, these men are nihilists. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Haha, nice one, Charles.  ;D  Totally tied the thread together.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

neve1272

i dont know shit... but what i do .. i learned here and am unafraid to post ...you guys have always made me feel welcome
Kip

drolo

Donleo

madbean

nocentelli

madbean

Quote from: nocentelli on January 29, 2017, 09:36:26 PM
Quote from: madbean on January 29, 2017, 08:11:55 PMC1 (from Tagboard) is 680pF on the CF, FYI.

Is the rest of it correct? ::)

I'm not a member of FSB so I can't view the image but if you post it here I can check.

madbean

You're missing a 1k resistor between the Tone pot and the 2n2 cap, I think. The first position on the rotary is no clipping diodes, then LED, 2n7000, 1n194 and finally BAT41. Good work!

IIRC D12 came directly off the 9v supply rather than after the PTC. I seem to remember we had an issue with noise otherwise. But I might be mis-remembering that.

jubal81

Quote from: madbean on January 29, 2017, 11:38:48 PM
You're missing a 1k resistor between the Tone pot and the 2n2 cap, I think. The first position on the rotary is no clipping diodes, then LED, 2n7000, 1n194 and finally BAT41. Good work!

IIRC D12 came directly off the 9v supply rather than after the PTC. I seem to remember we had an issue with noise otherwise. But I might be mis-remembering that.

Nice trick with the fuse, BTW. You get the advantages of the crowbar and if polarity is reversed, nothing burns up. Mind sharing which one you use?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

madbean

Quote from: jubal81 on January 29, 2017, 11:59:10 PM

Nice trick with the fuse, BTW. You get the advantages of the crowbar and if polarity is reversed, nothing burns up. Mind sharing which one you use?

Yeah I wasn't really hip to that before but Jerry suggested we do that for all our pedals. This is the one we use:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=MF-R010virtualkey65210000virtualkey652-MFR010

EBRAddict

Darlington front end? I'm guessing it isn't just for the gain which is limited by 2x emitter resistance. I'm intrigued enough to check out the clipping it produces.

culturejam

Quote from: EBRAddict on January 30, 2017, 01:30:17 AM
Darlington front end? I'm guessing it isn't just for the gain which is limited by 2x emitter resistance. I'm intrigued enough to check out the clipping it produces.

It's been so long now that I might be remembering this wrong, but I believe we originally had Q1 configured quite differently and then rejiggered it to remove oscillation when Fuzz and Volume were both dimed.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

diablochris6

Quote from: madbean on January 29, 2017, 11:38:48 PM

That's a great looking (and sounding, based on demos) circuit, Brian.

Now that the schematic for your board is on FSB, it is time for you to start selling Clusterfuzz kits!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here