News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lab Series L5 Preamp (Aion)

Started by cajone5, January 16, 2017, 07:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

2017 is rolling along smoothly.   Got this guy finished up and calibrated this weekend.  Very cool and versatile pedal with lots of tweakability in the EQ of each channel.  Channel 1 is definitely the lower gain of the two but can get a little dynamic grit going.  I'm still wrapping my head around the EQ on Channel 2 (particularly the multifilter) and the limiter.  This is a really cool project and by far the most professional looking build I have ever done.  Not by my doing, of course, but it remains true nonetheless.

Thanks Aion for putting together this excellent board, enclosure, label and build doc!

The only possible change I may make is replacing one of the op amps.  When I built it up and calibrated it I only had one LM741 so I used a TL071 (I think) in place of one of them.  I have more 741's now so I may swap that out to get it exact with the build doc.   It seems to function fine with the TL071 though.

Anyway, a cool project and a bit more expensive due to all the special parts, enclosure, power supply, etc. but it turned out awesome.

Jabulani Jonny

That looks awesome.  I am so tempted by this project.  It would be a perfect fit for an ongoing gig I have, but dang that's a lot going on.  Great job getting it all together. 
Jonathan

warriorpoet

This is so killer. I keep staring at mine, sitting mournfully on the shelf. It's judging me.

;D
Mzo.FX, Owner

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

BrianS

That is a bad ass looking pedal.  Great job.

AntKnee

Quote from: warriorpoet on January 16, 2017, 05:04:50 PM
This is so killer. I keep staring at mine, sitting mournfully on the shelf. It's judging me.

;D

x2
I just can't make myself start this. Someday...

Great job on the build!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

bluescage

Great build. I think I have to order a PCB for this! 8)

bcalla

Amazing!  The white knobs & switch caps are prefect.

stringsthings

Great job.  Seeing this, it makes me want to use the same knobs on my build.
All You Need Is Love

m-Kresol

nice one! awesome choice of knobs
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials