News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel #2 | Hot Cake

Started by cajone5, January 16, 2017, 03:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajone5

Another couple finished up over the weekend.  A hot cake clone and a second pork barrel with blue LEDs this time.  The chorus uses MN3007 and 3101 chips and a 3PRR to get 12v to the board.  It also has the clear bottom plate and a 10mm LED inside that pulses with the rate control making the bottom plate light up.  Kinda cool.  After playing with both 9 and 12v there is little difference to my ears (same comment in the build doc).  Maybe a bit more headroom and clarity at 12v but it could just be placebo effect.

CE-2 (didn't take a good outside shot... or inside shot actually... my iPhone camera skills suck)

Hot Cake w/ some slight mods

Not much to say.  They both sound great.  I'll be keeping this chorus and likely sending the other to my friends father who is a guitarist.  He inspired me to start playing which is great and I still remember about 5 years ago when I was building effects having a conversation with him about the CE-2 and how he really liked it.  I told him I'd build him one then life happened, several moves and no time to build.  I'm glad I finally got this one completed.  I'll send him the one I put in the BOTY contest except I will unbox it and spray the black box with some silver and/or black hammertone or something to spruce it up.  I don't mind stuff for me being plain but when it's for others, I feel guilty :)

bluescage

Very tidy builds. Love the transparant bottom on the CE-2. Is that illuminated?

cajone5

Yep. See the top area near the jacks, there's a 10mm blue led there that pulses with the rate. Kinda cool and something a little different.

bcalla

Beautiful builds!  Did you make the clear plate?

nzCdog

AndersonCouncil

CE-2 looks sick!

How do you get 12v out of the Road Rage? Is it just using a L7812 regulator, a 12v Zener in D4, and using the 15+ output?

jimilee

That's sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cajone5

Quote from: AndersonCouncil on February 15, 2017, 08:47:25 PM
CE-2 looks sick!

How do you get 12v out of the Road Rage? Is it just using a L7812 regulator, a 12v Zener in D4, and using the 15+ output?

That is exactly right.  8)

Govmnt_Lacky

The Tone God...... that's a name I haven't seen in a long time (Obi Wan channeled)

Sweet builds  8)

blearyeyes

Quote from: cajone5 on January 17, 2017, 12:02:53 PM
Yep. See the top area near the jacks, there's a 10mm blue led there that pulses with the rate. Kinda cool and something a little different.

That is a great idea!