News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green Russian Mudbunny (with demo)

Started by greyscales, August 17, 2011, 08:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greyscales

This is my first non-kit build (completion). It is a Mudbunny built to Green Russian specs with the mid control. It sounds amazing. I will try to do a demo video later tonight.

I had to ground the LED to the input jack to get it to turn on. The bad part is, it won't turn off. Doesn't bother me though, as I definitely know when it is on and plan to leave it on more often than not.

gtr2

Nice look! 

The led is wired incorrectly to the switch.  It looks like you've got the 9v from the power jack and the grounding wire from the switch soldered together at the LED.  This is a problem.  You should not have the positive and neg wired together!  The long leg of the LED should be wired by itself to the 9v+ jack and the wire you have wired to ground should be on the furthest top left lug with your current limiting resistor.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cab_eleven

greyscales

Quote from: gtr2 on August 17, 2011, 08:50:30 PM
Nice look! 

The led is wired incorrectly to the switch.  It looks like you've got the 9v from the power jack and the grounding wire from the switch soldered together at the LED.  This is a problem.  You should not have the positive and neg wired together!  The long leg of the LED should be wired by itself to the 9v+ jack and the wire you have wired to ground should be on the furthest top left lug with your current limiting resistor.

Josh

I used Madbean's wiring diagram, but whenever I tried to turn the pedal on and off the LED wouldn't come on at all. So I decided to just ground it so it would at least indicate it is getting power.

I blame the messing wiring of the pots. It was poor planning and uncertainty. At least the exterior looked clean though. I'll try fixing the LED later, because I have to move into a college dorm on Friday. Hopefully my roommate doesn't mind solder fumes...

cjkbug

almost looks like a toneczar pedal. cool look. the green russian is my favorite muff.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jimmybjj

i like the clean look, very industrial.
Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

greyscales

I only shot this with my iPhone, so the sound isn't anything impressive. But I tried to show off as much of the pedal as possible. It was shot in HD as well.

jtn191

sweet Black Keys stuff!! bet that's why ya went with the Green Russian specs

I'm leaning towards Triangle for mine, but I'll prolly socket the variables

k.rock!

Salute your Solution! hehe love the Raconteurs...they're actually playing in a couple months here in Orlando...really wanna check 'em out :P

Sounds great man! You should post this video on the Audio/Video demo section so more people can find it later ;)

Were u able to fix the LED issue?

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

greyscales

Quote from: jtn191 on August 18, 2011, 03:35:40 AM
sweet Black Keys stuff!! bet that's why ya went with the Green Russian specs

I'm leaning towards Triangle for mine, but I'll prolly socket the variables

You nailed it with that one. Dan Auerbach's tone is to die for, and after using this thing I can see why his is so good.
I also built it as a bass pedal. Several bassists I love use Green Russians to get their tone.

Quote from: k.rock! on August 18, 2011, 04:59:44 AM
Salute your Solution! hehe love the Raconteurs...they're actually playing in a couple months here in Orlando...really wanna check 'em out :P

Sounds great man! You should post this video on the Audio/Video demo section so more people can find it later ;)

Were u able to fix the LED issue?

-Kaleb

Very lucky, man. They are on my top 5 artists to see live.

I haven't tried fixing the LED yet. I will probably wait a week or so before working on it since it isn't a huge deal. The pedal works, and that's what matters right now.

And I'll post it in the demo thread right now.

bigmufffuzzwizz

That finish looks fabulous and the green russian muff circuit is to die for. Especially with the mids knob! If you ever want more gain just omit the 100R emitter resistors for the first 3 transistors and it will get pretty nasty!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals