News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

TC Mimiq doubler

Started by Leevibe, October 17, 2016, 04:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

I think this is pretty cool.

It definitely sounds different than what you get with a short delay. Not so phase-crippled sounding to me. On some settings in stereo I can't localize the guitar, but I kind of like that. I think this could help make a massive lead tone, and I wonder if it would make for some nice crunch rhythm.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MimiQ?adpos=1t1&creative=149966563605&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=CJq4meP94s8CFYqifgodVJgPMg

BrianS

The pedal sounds really great.  I now wished I hadn't open your post because I surely don't need another pedal but I want one now.  I really think it would add a lot to your rhythm sound also. Well Christmas isn't very far off LOL.

Muadzin

Isn't this basically a harmonizer that doesn't so much harmonize but only doubles? With just a little flutter added to give the impression of imperfections? Not that that there is anything wrong with that. Wouldn't mind having a full blown harmonizer which had that as well. Maybe the next step?

Leevibe

Quote from: Muadzin on October 18, 2016, 03:06:26 AM
Isn't this basically a harmonizer that doesn't so much harmonize but only doubles? With just a little flutter added to give the impression of imperfections? Not that that there is anything wrong with that. Wouldn't mind having a full blown harmonizer which had that as well. Maybe the next step?

Yeah - I think you're essentially right, but there's some kind of extra goodness going on in the algorithm that is randomizing timing and pitch enough to keep it more natural sounding. I doubt I'll ever buy one, but I could see myself maybe owning something like an H9 someday. It would be cool to have an algorithm like this show up in a fancy pants delay.

madbean

Mimik - Mimiq
Total Recall - Tonal Recall

I'm noticing a pattern here!

Anyway, that thing is pretty neat.

Leevibe

Quote from: madbean on October 18, 2016, 06:22:30 AM
Mimik - Mimiq
Total Recall - Tonal Recall

I'm noticing a pattern here!

Anyway, that thing is pretty neat.

What's with that? Next thing you know:

Tapanatorator - See ya later alligator
Afterlife - Laughter Knife
Timelapse - Nine Laps

madbean

Ohh, Keeley Dark Side too! I should sub-contract my services for pedal naming!

Aleph Null

Quote from: Leevibe on October 18, 2016, 07:07:16 AM
What's with that? Next thing you know:

Tapanatorator - See ya later alligator
Afterlife - Laughter Knife
Timelapse - Nine Laps

Band Name: Laughter Knife

This is definitely the examplar in its category, but I think I'd personally favor the Keeley 30mms or the EHX Analogizer. I like the more eccentric implementations.

beneharris

I'm really excited for this pedal. I remember reading that John Petrucci always used a delay or echo pedal set really short to mimic dual tracking live. Back when his tone was actually good (2000's ish). So I've always done that whenever I play live. This looks like it will work much, much better.

Boba7

artstomp

..and Bean..here's another one...Catalibread Nautiliux

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-juRHv04gk