News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"slambox" CrackBoost

Started by Loztboy, August 16, 2011, 11:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loztboy

Since the slambox PCB is discontinued I decided to do a stripboard version.
I used a layout from aronnelson.com the 6x6 version:

This version does not include the 1n4001 diode and the 47uf Cap in the madbean version.
What exactly does those two components do?

anyway here are some picks of the CrackBoost:

slimtriggers

I think those components are for power filtering.  Shouldn't effect the tone. 

I like the clear knob 8)

druz15

that is one cool looking pedal love the clear knob and simple gold writing on the polished finish

cab_eleven

nzCdog

Loztboy

k.rock!

I love everything about this one...the polished look, the gold lettering, the clear knob, the cool LED bezel (btw, where did you get that? :)) the guts look really clean...great job man!! Love it.

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

Haberdasher

Great job.

I need to get some clear knobs on my next sb order.  Those are too cool.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Loztboy

Quote from: k.rock! on August 17, 2011, 07:50:21 AM
I love everything about this one...the polished look, the gold lettering, the clear knob, the cool LED bezel (btw, where did you get that? :)) the guts look really clean...great job man!! Love it.

-Kaleb
Thanks.

The led bezel is from musikding.de:
http://www.musikding.de/product_info.php/info/p139_LED-Bezel-5mm-chrome-outside-reflector.html
I'm sure you can get them somewhere in the states as well.

The box is a standard aluminium box that i sanded with 1200 paper with water and some dishwash soap :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

I really like this. I've been wanting to do one for awhile and this just totally reminded me! I have to agree that wet sanding can really make a nice polished look with very little effort! You probably have enough room for a nice like mod, something like an alternate input cap  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals