News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag Delay

Started by gtr2, August 17, 2011, 04:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Teaser build  ;)

Prototype board complements of Brian!  This build is a beast.  Fired up on the first try and I really took my time checking every resistor and cap on this build.  Enclosure is a 125-BB with an etched aluminum plate.  It sounds awesome and the modulation can get real crazy!  Genuine mn3005's in their finest circuit.  It's a buffered bypass but it sounds great at the end of my chain.  Thanks again Brian!

Here it is!  Enjoy  :) Josh

EDIT: Rebox due to issue in lower post

& Demo http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2914.0

iPhone pic to be replaced in the next couple days

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

Awesome stuff, looks good. Really excited about this one.
Pcbs no longer available

Haberdasher

Wow, great job!  I can't wait.

Are those 2 .5W or 1W resistors?
Does it use short pin pc mount pots?

thanks
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gtr2

I used these.  Steve didn't have all the values I needed in the smooth shaft so I went with the knurled.

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=1058

The two large resistors are 1W.  When sourcing I'd look for the smallest 1W resistors you can find.  Mine were a little to big but I made them work.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

1/2watt is okay there, too!

k.rock!

Wow Josh!! This is beautiful!! I can't wait to hear this thing!! hehe (hint ;)) Love everything about it...the etching, the sparkly finish, the insides....perfect pedal man...

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

night-B

Very clean job! Can't wait to get the pcb... Do you plan to make a demo?

jkokura

It's official. I'm going to have to make a larger effort to find a pair of MN3005 chips.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jtn191

sweet etching!

a dirtbag's definitely on my (too long) to do list  ;D

irmcdermott

Quote from: jkokura on August 17, 2011, 08:54:27 AM
It's official. I'm going to have to make a larger effort to find a pair of MN3005 chips.

Jacob

me too! I want to build this thing SOOO bad.

JakeFuzz

Damn that looks good. Nice and tight in there. Do you think it is possible to fit in a 1590BB? Or should we plan on something deeper to get those jacks to fit like a 1590C or a 125BB? Is that the PPP custom aquamarine finish? Looks very good.

gtr2

I'd go for the 125-BB or 1590C.  I had to file the some of the fiberboard off my jacks for clearance.  I used a 125-BB  I could have made them fit like Brians but I opted to put the pedal vertical for pedalboard space.  Either way it is REAL TIGHT and insulation was required to prevent shorts  Planning the enclosure drill was time consuming and challenging.  The revised version will have a little bit more room for clearance.  If I build another I'm sticking it in a 1790 so I can add a feedback switch and any other mods like expression jack etc...

The enclosure is aqua illusion.  It sparkles in photos but in real life it looks very dark.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cab_eleven

Without dropping the F bomb all I can say is: ____ dude, that is so ______ awesome.

madbean

The revised version (not the one shown) will make an easier time of a 1590BB. I don't think it's going to present too much of a problem.

Loztboy

This look so PRO.
I would not mind some audio samples :)