News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag Delay

Started by gtr2, August 17, 2011, 04:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

'scuze me while I clean the drool of my computer.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

nzCdog

dwstanford

:o :o :o  That pedal looks so bad ass, i cant stand it!  I am so stoked for this project.  Its going right to the top of my priority list.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I'm super glad I grabbed some of those Mn3005's for this. Yout build looks soo good. Where did you get the place you etched for the top from?

I'm hoping this project will actually replace my 80's DMM on my pedal board.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jkokura

I'll take the DMM when you're finished with it.

No seriously. I've been jonesing for one for sooooo long.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pietro_moog

supercool, so it's finally happening, awesome!
so now we wait for the v3205s version. is it near?
i really want one of those..

maysink

Josh, you kiss-ass mother***!!!

Just kidding. Kudos on the build and back-stage pass--you deserve it after the aquaboy work you've done AND managing the MN3005 treasure hunt.

Have you an authentic EHX DMM to A/B your dirtbag with?
[nothing to see here]
-e

madbean

Quote from: pietro_moog on August 18, 2011, 07:07:51 PM
supercool, so it's finally happening, awesome!
so now we wait for the v3205s version. is it near?
i really want one of those..

The proto board for the v3205 will be here in a few days. That and the phaser project are my two top priorities now.

Here's a preview of the v3205 version.

[attachment deleted by admin]

nzCdog

That is one cool looking pcb! 8)

So in a nutshell... why do we prefer MN3005s to V3205s?
Is it mojo? is it sound? Something else?

(Very excited about this delay...)

timbo_93631

As soon as V3205 pcbs become available I have gotta get one.  Must have one, it is making me crazy.  There is so much good stuff coming up, I am starting to freak out. Yay!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: jkokura on August 18, 2011, 03:11:00 PM
I'll take the DMM when you're finished with it.

No seriously. I've been jonesing for one for sooooo long.

If I can pardon with it then you got a deal!
Didn't realize there was going to be 2 versions to this project. This just keeps getting better!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

hamilcaster

I just received supposed MN3005's from UT Source and have a little less than 60 days to return them if they are in fact mislabeled! I am soooooo excited to build this thing. I imagine a fair amount of building-related frustration and crying in my future  8)

the3secondrule

I'm certainly no expert, but I believe the 3005's run at a higher voltage, and therefore have more headroom.

which = cleaner delay

anyone else wanna chime in?

Quote from: nzCdog on August 19, 2011, 04:23:03 AM
That is one cool looking pcb! 8)

So in a nutshell... why do we prefer MN3005s to V3205s?
Is it mojo? is it sound? Something else?

(Very excited about this delay...)
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

madbean

The v3205 version will be run at 15v except for the BBDs. I'm doing this to try to emulate some of the headroom of the vintage one....don't know yet how successful it will be.

gtr2

Update: 

The dirtbag is getting put in a 1690NS.  I've got a slight tick because the input jack is right over the modulation area of the circuit.  There is nothing wrong with the circuit. It's awesome!!!  It was my own dumb fault.  As soon as the jack is moved away the tick stops. It isn't real bad but its noticeable and I'm to much of a perfectionist.  It's causing me to stress.  I've tried some shielding attempts and an IC5 change with no success.  I just have no room to place the jacks anywhere else with how I routed things.  I'm still going with the vertical layout/same faceplate but I'll have the In/out jacks on the sides with the extra height available.  Like Brian said it can be done in a lower profile enclosure, but I need some more room because of my goof  :-\

Magic - I got my aluminum stock at onlinemetals.com

nzCdog - My opinion is that mn3005's are pretty much the best bbd's I've heard.  Dreamy....  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer