News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag Delay

Started by gtr2, August 17, 2011, 04:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Did you use the same enclosure?  The demo sounds awesome man :)

gtr2

Quote from: nzCdog on October 19, 2011, 10:53:02 PM
Did you use the same enclosure?  The demo sounds awesome man :)

Thanks. I went with a 1690 instead of the original 125-BB.  The added height gave me plenty of clearance for the jacks.  I disliked re-boxing, but it was a necessary chore.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

tenwatt

Is there any possible way to add a tap tempo to this?
Not too bright....

gtr2

I'm sure someone could but I don't know how to do it.  I've yet to find something that the average DIY like me could do with tap tempo.  ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madbean

There is no DIY solution available for analog delay that I know of.

tenwatt

*SIGH*

I still want one...BAD.  It sounds amazing.
Not too bright....

tenwatt

Quote from: gtr2 on September 01, 2011, 10:10:02 AM
Thanks.  I was thinking the delay pot could be changed but wasn't sure.  Adding the resistor in parallel is a great idea because the next easily obtainable value is 250kB.  I'll give it a whirl and see.  :)

Josh
Did this work for you?
Not too bright....

gtr2

I didn't do it.  I did switch the pot out though with another 100k.  My original pot measured 87k so I replaced it with one that was 99k.  It gives me enough delay time for my needs so I didn't mess with it further.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

gtr2

UPGRADE:

A little more delay time available this way  ;)

Josh

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

timbo_93631

Where did you get that double delay board?!?!  Different than the ones that were on FSB yeah?
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

gtr2

I "Eagle'd" some boards up.  It's a little different than the aquaboy double delay.  I based the board off the schematic on SmallBears site for the fake mn3005's.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

LaceSensor

That's just greedy...but I love it.

jkokura

How's it sounding? I like the idea quite a bit. I might have to make a quad MN3008 version of the Dirtbag if these MN3005's I've got here turn out to be fakes.

I don't think I'm going to come in on my timeline of getting this thing going by the 20th. My parts aren't all in for this thing yet and I can't get it built and test these chips until that happens. Boy I hope these refurbished chips are the real thing, it's going to be an expensive experiment if they aren't...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Scruffie

Quote from: jkokura on December 07, 2011, 03:28:08 PM
How's it sounding? I like the idea quite a bit. I might have to make a quad MN3008 version of the Dirtbag if these MN3005's I've got here turn out to be fakes.

I don't think I'm going to come in on my timeline of getting this thing going by the 20th. My parts aren't all in for this thing yet and I can't get it built and test these chips until that happens. Boy I hope these refurbished chips are the real thing, it's going to be an expensive experiment if they aren't...

Jacob
Got a breadboard and a spare 4047?

It's not a great way to test it but if you find the schematic for the EHX Full Double Tracker (I redrew the original, you should be able to find the 3005 version I did on Freestompboxes) remove R15,16,17 - C12 & D2 and then wire a 100k pot between Pins 2 & 3 of the 4047 which will now be your delay pot. Oh and ignore all the power supply stuff.

You should be able to test the chips to some extent with that and it's ridiculously simple, don't expect great signal quality and definitley expect some clock whine but it might just help to give you an idea, if only to find out if they work at all.
Works at Lectric-FX

diagrammatiks

Quote from: gtr2 on December 07, 2011, 03:13:56 PM
I "Eagle'd" some boards up.  It's a little different than the aquaboy double delay.  I based the board off the schematic on SmallBears site for the fake mn3005's.

Josh

does that work with the mn3005?