News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sub-mini tube amps

Started by madbean, July 04, 2010, 04:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcelo

one more interested....count me in please! great idea!
m

k.rock!

I think I should revive this thread :P

So...how about it Brian?  ;D

I think this along with your mini pedal series would be freakin awesome...sub mini amps and mini pedals with HUGE tone! Ah! can't wait...

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jighead81

+1  I'd love to do this too! 

T_MBaker

JeffdaMaori

madbean

I'm totally open to doing a couple of these. Now, WHEN is an entirely different manner! But, I think I could work on this a bit once we get closer to the release of the baby boards. It certainly would be the bomb, as they say.

irmcdermott

That's awesome! Mini amps, mini pedals.... it's a beautiful thing. It's like "Build You Own Practice Rig... That Doesn't Suck" :)

gtr2

practice rig...ha  I'd use on of those mini amps for live use, mic'd of course  ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

derevaun

Wow, awesome! I'm midway into a Murder One on perf, and have wound up fairly well stocked up on submini tubes. It'd be awesome to have a couple choices on PCB.

bigmufffuzzwizz

A submini tube head would definitely become my main home practice rig.
Not anywhere loud enough for my band  :-\
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

slimtriggers

Maybe something like the Egnater Tweaker?  I wonder if you stuck a Tonemender circuit in for the tonestack if that would be Tweaker-esque? 

Since we're all pedal builders here, an effects loop would be nice, too 8)

TNblueshawk

Count me in and I think I could drag a few people over here to count them in too.
John

rasta_maleek

i´m in, hello all.
I built a couple of this amps and i will say that is the best pactice amp that i have.
Tinny, handfull, and sound as loud as human scream, to practice with the singer "acapella".
If you need some info brian, just PM me to send you the proyect.
Now, i playing with some model, that is not in the forums circuits. It has gain, complete tone stack, cathode follower and single ended.

some video testings with some pedals

And this is and older unit, master, gain and multiple voicing, mashallized, fenderis¡hed, and insane.

i hope you enjoy with it.

Note. this subminiamps are really pedal friendly.
cheers

Marcelo

hey rasta_maleek, nice! very nice!
you shoudl share the schematics and info! maybe that would get us all going and get the project off the ground.
did i say nice...very nice?
m

bigmufffuzzwizz

That looks great Rasta Maleek! Looks really compact but sounds pretty versatile by what you described. I could see this being a great beginner project for a lot of us into the tube amp world (mini one first :)).
I can't stop laughing about the artwork, I really need an F-U amp!!  :D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals