News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sub-mini tube amps

Started by madbean, July 04, 2010, 04:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzzMonkey

BRGPollen

I would definitely be in for something in the way of the "Nano-Amp!" Mr. Bean, please let us know?!

"B"
The Musician's Theory of Relativity . . . . . E=Fb

DuctTapeRiot

wgc

Hate for my first post here to be a "wake the dead thread" but would love to see a madbean project like this!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

madbean

I have two designs etched and partially populated. One just a couple of days ago. One is a variation on the Nano head and the other is more or less "Fender-y". So, yeah...this is still very much on the table. And, welcome to the forum!

wgc

Oh yeah!!

And thanks for the welcome!  Its been awhile since I've used pedals but decided to try some DIY to go with a valve jr I fixed and then modded to be more vox sounding.

Your layouts and PDFs are top notch, and I just got 3 boards from you last week, (cupcake, cave dweller, slow loris) really nice job, esp the plated thru holes and silk screen.

Hope to post once I get them into enclosures.

Please keep up the amazing work!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

sgmezei

Quote from: madbean on October 07, 2012, 03:09:48 PM
I have two designs etched and partially populated. One just a couple of days ago. One is a variation on the Nano head and the other is more or less "Fender-y". So, yeah...this is still very much on the table. And, welcome to the forum!

ahhhhhhhh yeeaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

aballen

I'm sooo totally interested in this one.  I actually have a couple of firefly boards waiting to be built as well.  I would love to have a sub mini tube amp, but the MurderOne and Nano-head, are a bit pricey.. when this comes out I'll probably buy a few.

Bean, are you building in an smps to boost the voltage?

madbean

No, just cascaded diodes via a charge pump, like a lot of the frequency central designs. Gets up to around 80v or so. The heaters use a resistor.

juansolo

Quote from: aballen on October 21, 2012, 03:39:55 PM
I'm sooo totally interested in this one.  I actually have a couple of firefly boards waiting to be built as well.  I would love to have a sub mini tube amp, but the MurderOne and Nano-head, are a bit pricey.. when this comes out I'll probably buy a few.

Bean, are you building in an smps to boost the voltage?

I've got one of the original Murder Ones (one of the perf ones). It's a stunning display of Rick's skill and an impressive bit of miniaturisation. It's more of a curiosity or a cool object though than anything else. Mainly as my main amp is very low wattage anyhow. Actually I use it more as a headphone amp, which it's brilliant at.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

Tube headphone amp? Yes, please!

A built-in cab sim would be way cool. I've never built a cab sim. Can anyone say if they work well?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

gtangas

Quote from: madbean on October 07, 2012, 03:09:48 PM

Hi Brian

Any updates on this project?

aballen

Yeah man how is this one going?

gtangas

I have to share my sadness...  ;D ;D i want one of those mini amps!!!   I don't know why but i want one ;D ;D ;D ;D

any news on this?

Thanks

aballen

I just have to keep bumping this one.  Whats up Brian?  Is this getting close, or are you just afraid someone is just going to kill themselves trying to assemble one  ;)