News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just another Fuzz Factory

Started by devilsnight, January 31, 2017, 08:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilsnight

I order a fair amount of boxes from tayda so last order I figured I'd try one of their pcbs. The pcb was great, build document sucked (didn't show which side of the board each pot was supposed to be on) Anyway, This thing is wild! Build is pretty close to stock. I'm using a 3904/3906 combo right now but am going to audition some other transistors this week. Maybe I'll take a gut shot when I go back in there!

AntKnee

I like the knob configuration and the window. Coolness!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

flanagan0718

Captain Insano is the coolest! Classic! Looks great man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

bluescage

mrclean77

Aw man - that window is cool enough on its own, but I love how the graphic and knobs are lined up around it to kinda showcase it.

Fuzz Factory is one DIY rite-of-passage build I've yet to check off - need to remedy this ASAP.

bcalla

Several cool ideas jammed into one build!

culturejam

That's awesome!

Sort of reminds me of the look of Screamin FX (only they do huge cutouts):

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

That's bad ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

m-Kresol

cool stuff and superbly executed.

not trying to badmouth your idea with the window or anything, but just fyi, the newer line of ZVex pedals has a similar window.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

devilsnight

Yup, I saw the Fuzz Factory 7 and decided I needed to build something similar with a window in it. It's basically a mismatch of the 5 knob and 7 knob. Thanks for the good words everyone. The screaminFx pedal is pretty sweet. I might actually attempt something like that in the future. Trying to figure out how creative I can get with my pedals! I do alot of custom fab at work, actually have a few one-off enclosures in the works, my welder is loaned out at the moment though.
So many ideas and pedals to build!

beneharris

Yeah, that window is great! I love that build.