Tap tempo Dirtbaby, Afterlife, VFE Pale Horse

Started by Boba7, February 02, 2017, 03:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonyoungyi

So! I changed the following according to your 2015 build report:

IC1: OPA2134
IC4: OPA275
18v Chargepump for Dirtbaby

It's a lot better now, but I think I still need to find a pt2399 that matches the tempo clock. I ordered some pt2399 from mammothelectronics.com They were almost $3 a pop! So I'm hoping they're tested and legitimate, but who knows, didn't bother to ask haha

I saw on your 2015 build report you used an IR9022 for IC3. Haven't been able to source one, but it looks like a TL022 or any dual op amp will do.

I'm still not liking the dirtbaby all that much, but I've read so many claiming it's a great pt2399, if not, the best. I'm assuming I messed mine up haha

I should also mention that this 2015 dirtbaby pcb is considered "defective" by madbean. He received a few pcbs from his mfg where the board thickness was too thin, so I just decided to buy it at the discounted price.

Anyway, we'll see what a TL022 and new pt2399 yields!

If all else fails, I'm going to stick a Deep Blue Delay in there!

Boba7

Yeah I built a Dirtbaby on a thin board too.

I think you should still try 1,5nf for C10, as I find the sound is still bright enough (I believe upping C12 to 150nf cuts a tiny bit of treble)

I had a IR9022 on hand, I don't think a TL022 or TL062 would make a difference, it's just a good idea to use a low power opamp there.

And I do LOVE my Dirtababy haha! :)

Let us know how the "good" PT2399 work. Did yours come from Tayda?

jonyoungyi

I plugged it in last night and it is not making any delay sounds, just dry hahaha

I'm going to assume the pt2399 in there is dead... Worked pretty well a few days ago, but not no more. I had a bunch from Tayda and a random eBayer who caters to pedal builders. 10x for $6.##, but I'd say half of those were the most noisiest pt2399 I've heard.

Yeah, I just have a TL062 in there.

I'll wait for those pt2399 and change C10.

Thank you! Hoping to do a build report soon... haha