News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Arduino help

Started by studiodunn, February 02, 2017, 09:52:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

studiodunn

I've had a couple Arduino boards for a little while and have decided to dive into one.
My needs are simple, but unfortunately so is my knowledge....or lack there of.

My idea is to build a box that can control all my amp switching needs.
In a two amp set up I would need to switch Channels, Boost & Reverb on each amp and then be able to A/B/Y the two amps. I also need to consider some sort of multi pin to 1/4" snake, as I cringe at the thought of all the cables running across a stage.

I've also toyed with the idea of putting looper into the mix so I can loop a part through one amp and then switch to the other for another layer of guitar. This would be cool, but for now I need to focus on an amp switching solution.

I'm really not even sure where to start with sourcing parts, but I'm guessing this is a bunch of relays being controlled by the Arduino.

Any help is much appreciated.

daleykd

Start with a non-Arduino schematic.

If you can design the schematic, then we'll plug the Arduino in to control the relays.

sturgeo

Quote from: daleykd on February 02, 2017, 11:02:05 AM
Start with a non-Arduino schematic.

If you can design the schematic, then we'll plug the Arduino in to control the relays.

This is good advice, get the audio side of things sorted first.

To start with you'll "need" a buffered splitter, one output going to amp 1 and the other going through a isolation transformer circuit. If i was you I'd add phase inversion and ground lift switches at the cost of a DPDT & a SPDT. These switches could be relays controlled by the arduino at a later stage.

What control inputs do the amps have? 1 mono to switch channels and 1 stereo to switch boost & reverb?

studiodunn

Thanks you for the help.
That make perfect sense. I have not designed any circuits, but have done some layouts.

All the switching is via mono jacks.