News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lectric-FX Double Take/KOT Switching Mod

Started by ddavis20341, February 07, 2017, 07:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddavis20341

Hi all,

Just a quick question about what might be a very straight-forward modification. I recently built the Double Take project from Lectric-FX (essentially just a KOT - two Bluesbreaker circuits on one board), and was curious about including some of the switching options seen on the newer King of Tones (different clipping diodes, making the DIP switches external mount, selectable values on input cap, etc.).

Anyone have any input on how this would be done or if it is possible with the layout for the board? Any information or useful links would be really appreciated. I'll include the link to the build doc below. Thanks!

http://lectric-fx.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Double_Take.pdf

jimilee

I've done it on another KoT style, build, but just use toggles rather than dip switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ddavis20341

jimilee

I don't have the schematic right here, but I think it's on on, you can use on off on to experiment with more versatility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ddavis20341

Thanks, I will give them a try. I might throw the question about alternative switching options Haberdasher's way, since I believe he designed and fab'd the board in question.

Haberdasher, any suggestions on how to wire up switches for alternate clipping option for the circuit? Or if you had any other mods you've tried out for the Double Take, I'm all ears.