News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean Smoothie redo

Started by Stomptown, February 19, 2017, 10:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

So this one marks my return to the world of decals.  I pretty much ditched them a few years back due to inconsistent results but after seeing how great envirotex looked over some of my recent etches I decided to give it another go. This is actually a do over for my dad. It's a Madbean smoothie that looked horrid inside and out.  The krylon clear coat never cured and it was embarrassing to look at to say the least. The wiring was pretty bad as well and there were a couple partially melted caps, which I replaced.  IIRC, I actually removed all the components and started fresh but that was a while back. Other than the poor drilling, which I couldn't do a thing about , I'm really happy with the result. The decal is an adhesive vinyl sticker paper made for ink jet printers that I found at JoAnn's Fabrics.  It worked well for the small enclosure but I'm having issues with bubbles on a larger enclosure I'm currently working on so I'm thinking white waterside may he the better option. In order to make the envirotex work with the 9mm Alpha pot I used a plastic drink stirrer to tease a thin layer out to the edges, which left plenty of thread to tighten down the nut. Sorry so long winded here.  Hope you like it!

Adam_DIY

midwayfair

So, what frequency does your wireless hookup system use?

Stomptown

Quote from: midwayfair on February 19, 2017, 10:36:01 PM
So, what frequency does your wireless hookup system use?

Crap, did I forget to wire it up?  :P

DPTX

Looks sweet, love 1590A builds

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gordo

That's about as close to the perfect build as I've seen.  The precision on the inkjet label is crazy.  Very impressive.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Boba7

Just perfect. Im always very impressed with your builds.

selfdestroyer

Damn Jon, thats a looker. Great job man.

Cody

Aleph Null

It's builds like this that make me rethink my whole finishing approach. The Envirotex looks impeccable. I like the vaguely 70's graphic too.

Willybomb

Ok.  I've used laser vinyl adhesive paper before, but it's dead hard to find here, and inkjet will run on it, so any inkjet compatible vinyl is a good thing.  Is this the stuff?

http://www.joann.com/cricut-printable-vinyl/13849997.html

Stomptown

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Quote from: Aleph Null on February 21, 2017, 08:02:03 PM
It's builds like this that make me rethink my whole finishing approach. The Envirotex looks impeccable. I like the vaguely 70's graphic too.

Nice catch. :)  This one is actually derivative of another graphic I'm working on with a much more obvious 70's vibe. 

Quote from: Willybomb on February 21, 2017, 11:25:24 PM
Ok.  I've used laser vinyl adhesive paper before, but it's dead hard to find here, and inkjet will run on it, so any inkjet compatible vinyl is a good thing.  Is this the stuff?

http://www.joann.com/cricut-printable-vinyl/13849997.html

Yep, that's definitely the stuff I used.

jubal81

Whoa! That's slick.
Knob is aesthetically perfect with the art and enclosure.
Outstanding!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Addy Bart

Wow, that looks amazing. What a glassy surface!

bluescage