News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EQD Hoof Reaper clone

Started by storyboardist, February 22, 2017, 12:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storyboardist

Finished wiring this up last night. Three 3PDTs in one 1590BB isn't something I want to make a regular habit, but holy crap does this thing sound good. For those who aren't familiar, the Hoof Reaper is a 3-in-1 fuzz. The Hoof is a modified Muff with germanium transistors and LEDs in the clipping stages. The Reaper is a silicon/germanium hybrid Tone Bender type fuzz. Throw in a Green Ringer in the middle and you have the Hoof Reaper. I finished this at like 10 o'clock last night, and it took a lot of will power to not crank it up. Fortunately I did not wake up my kids (or the rest of the neighborhood). Anyway, well worth the build if your a fuzz addict like me.

Guy behind Effects Layouts

lrgaraujo

Amazing build!!! And amazing website!

dan.schumaker

Looks awesome!  I am wiring up the pots on the perfboard version tonight

bcalla

Aleph Null

Philthy

mrclean77

Wowie! Hope it sounds as good as it looks! Also, my admiration goes to you guys who stay up late past the family, then DON'T play the thing - I can't do it, so I just go to bed mad, thinking about when I'm gonna sneak in another crack at it the next day.  >:( ;D

raulduke

Looks great dude!

If you want to crank it up after the family have gone to bed... buy a Yahama THR10.

Can't recommend them enough.

It's pretty much all I've used since we had our little one. The headphone output is a godsend  ;D

stringsthings

All You Need Is Love

storyboardist

Quote from: mrclean77 on February 24, 2017, 03:56:00 AM
Wowie! Hope it sounds as good as it looks! Also, my admiration goes to you guys who stay up late past the family, then DON'T play the thing - I can't do it, so I just go to bed mad, thinking about when I'm gonna sneak in another crack at it the next day.  >:( ;D

Oh, I still play it, but have to leave my late 70s Peavey 4x10 at like 1 on the volume. :D
Guy behind Effects Layouts