News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total Recall - pcb board mislabeled

Started by destro, February 23, 2017, 01:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

destro

I've got a Total Recall I ordered in Dec 9I think) and the board is labeled differently than the layout in the build document. I didn't notice until getting to the later capacitors and am hoping this might just be an issue with the later # caps...anyway, did I miss a revised build doc or have an old board or something?

madbean

Not that I'm aware of. Which caps are you seeing a discrepancy in? I just spot-checked all the caps in the build doc against the Eagle schematic/pcb and didn't see anything.

destro

There is no c33 on my board and where c34 starts on my build doc it is labeled c36 and all the caps from there up are labeled wrong by 2 (37=39, 43=45, etc....)

destro

...also found c34 which serves the function of c33, connects the xs pad on bottom to r41-r43 but is located by the row of bottom pads in the middle.

madbean

Can you post a pic of the board please?

Stomptown

Quote from: madbean on February 23, 2017, 04:19:28 PM
Can you post a pic of the board please?

Is it possible he has a PCB from pre-release prototype layout?  Here is link to my build on the proto board for reference.  Note the silkscreen beneath the electrolytic located southwest of the JRC4558D at the top center of the PCB shows the outline of a poly cap. Same goes for the silkscreen beneath the electrolytic located at the bottom left edge. IIRC you initially were going with 1uF and determined 10uF electrolytic was necessary in those spots. Hope this helps...

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=24202.msg239225#msg239225

czapa tranzystor 2

Show your board pics,i have proto board.

destro

This makes sense now. It is the prototype board and I just realized I did not order this direct, but got in a trade! It wasn't listed as a proto in the BST trade thread, though. Sorry if I worried you, Brian. If you have the prototype build doc and could link me to it, it would be helpful.

czapa tranzystor 2

madbean

No worries...I figured that's what it was. Here is the full build doc for the board.

destro