News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy double MN3005, pcb, vero?

Started by Boba7, February 25, 2017, 12:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba7

Hey, so I've started working on my Aquaboy (2016 ed) and so far it's working really well. Have to spend a bit more time calibrating but it already sounds good!!
And so I'm thinking (because, why not? :) ) about buying another MN3005 and try a dual chip board. Do you guys know if there's a pcb I could order somewhere, or a vero layout?
It should be fairly easy to design a vero layout for it, but it'd take much more time since I'm not used to doing it.

Any help is much appreciated!

By the way, I tried a SA571 and then a V571 and the V571 sounded much much better (and it was a PIA to get working cause I stupidly ordered a SMD V571 and didn't have an adapter board... Anyways...)

EDIT: almost forgot, THANKS to Brian for the amazing board, so easy to work with and calibrate following the instructions! First analog delay, and so far it's been a pretty smooth experience!

bsoncini

I don't have one so correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the aquaboy deluxe had two of them. Might wanna take a look at its schematic and compare.

Boba7

Yes, I'm actually looking at it right now. It doesn't look too complicated, but I'd really love to find either a board or a vero layout. :)
But if I don't, well, I'll have to make my own I guess!

Soup39

Maybe aballens doubler would work for you:

http://oshpark.com/profiles/aballen

1) SocketedBBDDoubler - Verified, for doubling up 2x MN3008 to use in place of an MN3005
2) BBDDoublerV2 - Not verified, but same circuit at #1, just a different layout

Boba7

Hey thanks for the link!!

I actually found last night a layout by Harald Sabro for dual MN3205 that I very slightly modified according  to Madbean's schematics. I'll try that first! (I just did it so it's possible there's a mistake somewhere, but I think it's fine)