News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Any DIY 12 stage phasers available?

Started by Guybrush, February 28, 2017, 04:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hey all

I've been listening to Kurt Vile a bit recently and loving his phaser sound. A quick Google shows he uses a Moog MF-103 Moogerfooger 12-Stage Phaser.

Just wondering if anyone is aware of any DIY 12 stage phasers that are availble? (I'm guessing there aren't).

Thanks in advance!

Zigcat

I know Rick Holt made some kind of rubber band monster. Sonic Death Ray.

alanp

The NLC 329 Phaser/Flanger is 10 stages, I believe, based on the Aries 329 Phaser/Flanger.

It's a lot of very close together SMD work, however.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Scruffie

Me and Keefe are doing the A/DA Final Phase which is 8/10 stages depending on how you look at it, while I haven't ever tried a phaser over 6 stages i'm told by people like Mark Hammer that anything over 8 stages doesn't really change much when it comes to guitar and is more for synths.
Works at Lectric-FX

artstomp

is Mutron Bi phase do the job?..if you set it in series mode is it going to be a 12 stage phaser?

alanp

If you set it in series then yes, it's 12 stages.

You can set the second set of 6 stages to either the same LFO as the first set, a second LFO, or pedal control.

I've got a layout in the Eagle stage... can't really afford to get it fabbed right now, however. Are there any PCB versions of it out there?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Guybrush

Quote from: alanp on March 01, 2017, 09:16:44 PM
If you set it in series then yes, it's 12 stages.

You can set the second set of 6 stages to either the same LFO as the first set, a second LFO, or pedal control.

I've got a layout in the Eagle stage... can't really afford to get it fabbed right now, however. Are there any PCB versions of it out there?

Ooh nice. I'd be very interested in this! I hope you can get it off the ground.

Thanks everyone for the replies.