News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

FV-1 Chips

Started by BrianS, March 01, 2017, 07:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianS

For those of you who ordered one of David's Molecular boards you can buy a single chip from Experimental Noise for $18 shipped.  The chips are $10 and the shipping is $8.  They're setup to supply companies and will only do UPS thus the $8 shipping charge.  Smallbear is the only other place I can seem to locate these in the US and they're $17.75 plus shipping.  So you can save the shipping if you only need a chip. Just email them and they will send you an invoice.

sales@xnoize.com

If anyone else knows of a place to get these that's more reasonable plse post it.  Thanks.

selfdestroyer

I have ordered 5 or so of the FV-1 from xnoize.com/experimentalnoize.com with no issues at all.

Cody

drolo

Thanks for the tip Brian!
I always thought they only distributed direct to manufacturers for some reason.
Need to check whether they would ship to EU as well. Might turn out cheaper than from the distributors here ..

bluescage

They are €  13,45 at Banzai  (shipping to EU countries : € 7,95)

drolo

Quote from: bluescage on March 04, 2017, 07:17:24 AM
They are €  13,45 at Banzai  (shipping to EU countries : € 7,95)
Maybe I have just been incredibly unlucky with orders at Banzai but they have screwed every single one up and their customer service is a nightmare...
Sorry ... could not keep from warning people.
At least they now somewhat indicate that despite them advertising the items being in stock like for the FV1, the delivery time for those is 4 weeks  ... (??)

Profusion in the UK also sells them, a bit more expensive, but their shipping is less, they are reliable and actually will send these chips in proper antistatic bags, which is not the case with Banzai.

Rant over  ;D

bluescage

I didn't have that bad experience with Banzai until now, but you are right about Profusion! Thanks!

drolo

Quote from: bluescage on March 06, 2017, 06:54:20 AM
I didn't have that bad experience with Banzai until now, but you are right about Profusion! Thanks!
As I said, I might just have been particularly unlucky with them and I really hope you will continue to have good experiences. The price definitely is right.

Boba7

Quote from: drolo on March 06, 2017, 07:29:52 AM
Quote from: bluescage on March 06, 2017, 06:54:20 AM
As I said, I might just have been particularly unlucky with them and I really hope you will continue to have good experiences. The price definitely is right.

I've stopped ordering from Banzai because there was always at least a couple mistakes each time I did. And the delivery time was just way too long (I live in France)
They have a great choice of products but the service is just not good enough.

Jebus

Weird, never had a single wrong or missing component from Banzai. And the customer support has been really helpful, only bit on the slow side. :D

I've done probably ten orders from them.