News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Runt LED Setup...

Started by greysun, March 08, 2017, 08:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greysun

Hi there! It's been a few years, but I'm finally finishing some builds and finalizing a switch to get my pedal board DONE! As such, the Slow Loris pedal I got is too big, so I've procured some RUNT boards. When I originally built madbean pedals in 2012/2013, batteries were still accounted for and LEDs were not part of the boards.

It looks like the baby board guide is using the older boards from the previous era, as well.

For the current version of the RUNT, I'm seeing a pad for the LED, and a 4k7 resistor in r11. My assumption is that the negative of the LED connects to the 3PDT stomp (same as the baby board guide), but the positive goes to the LED pad and I don't need to mess with a resistor (as it will already be on the board).

Can anyone verify?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I built a pigbutt and a cherrybomb yesterday using the new boards and setup... Not only is it much easier to deal with, but I've never had builds look so clean. Welcome improvements!

Jebus

Quote from: greysun on March 08, 2017, 08:43:28 AM
For the current version of the RUNT, I'm seeing a pad for the LED, and a 4k7 resistor in r11. My assumption is that the negative of the LED connects to the 3PDT stomp (same as the baby board guide), but the positive goes to the LED pad and I don't need to mess with a resistor (as it will already be on the board).

Can anyone verify?

Sounds correct to me. :) You can always verify this type of thing by looking at the schematic. 9V -> current limiting resistor -> LED -> switching ground (CLR and LED can be the other way around also).