News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dead Astronaut FX Chasm Reverb

Started by Jakes Dad, February 22, 2016, 02:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

This one has been on my board and on for several months.  Fired right up first time with no issues at all.  Goes from pretty good reverb all the way past 'What the ...?" - love this one so much it sat for eight or nine months as a bare box with all the pencil marks from drilling on it.  Added graphics today with toner transfer and craft stamps plus several coast of satin clear.  Oh, tried the metal polish trick on this one but the box is a no name cheapo so it didn't clean up as well.

And the guts:

Looking at the gut shot I noticed the untrimmed LED legs so I took care of that before it went back on the board - I really expected to tear this thing apart a couple of times before it worked.

Chuck

nzCdog

Very clean!  love the graphic... and bonus points for brightly coloured electros! ;D

m-Kresol

love the graphics. I only hear good things about this reverb. might have to give it a go at some point
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

darrenw6000

good build, ive just done this and love it, will post pics in a couple of days when the enclosure is done.

selfdestroyer

The artwork is awesome. I'm with you on this effect, I love mine. I use mine for soundscape stuff all the time. Sadly, mine came off my board when I got my Strymon Big Sky but mainly due to space. I used it with my Rhodes piano not that long ago and it sounds great on keys.

Cody

Design86

Hey not sure if anyone is still active on this thread. I'm putting this pedal together and am a pretty novice pedal builder. Got the switch wiring diagram but wondered if another builder might have a full wiring diagram or detailed gut shot as I'm a little lost getting this wired up. Thanks

selfdestroyer

Take a look at Deadastronaut's website for a build doc. The last page has the offboard wiring.

http://deadastronaut.wix.com/index#!__build-your-own-pedal

If you can not figure it out from the build doc, I suggest making a new thread in the Tech Help section.
Take a look at this thread for help on how to post for help.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

Cody

diablochris6

Very cool. The artwork turned out great. Sends the perfect vibe.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Aleph Null

Really cool. Waterslide on a raw enclosure? Did you have to prep the enclosure at all?

AntKnee

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

bluescage

I see a dead astronaut! ;D Nice one!!

Jakes Dad

Quote from: Aleph Null on March 08, 2017, 08:17:42 PM
Really cool. Waterslide on a raw enclosure? Did you have to prep the enclosure at all?

The image is ironed on toner transfer with a light clear coat.  Preparation was scrubbing with some fine steel wool and metal polish before the image was applied.

Chuck

stringsthings

I need to put a dead astro on mine now!
All You Need Is Love