News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

first box etch and first custom pcb

Started by illcom, August 21, 2011, 04:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illcom

A modded meat head with a input cap rotary switch
I got to buy some blue pnp for the box etch, because the  acid went thru the toner on this one
I like it anyways
I know i'm a long way behind most of you but anyways... here it is:

jimmybjj

looks great!! way to go on your "firsts" they don't look like firsts. What method did you use to create your pcb?
Pcbs no longer available

cjkbug

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

illcom

Thanks, means a lot
Quote from: jimmybjj on August 21, 2011, 04:36:36 PM
looks great!! way to go on your "firsts" they don't look like firsts. What method did you use to create your pcb?

I used DIYLC, it's really easy to use
What do you use for your layouts, that are really nice BTW

nzCdog

gtr2

really nice!  I like the etch too!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

GhostofJohnToad

I like the etch!  Nice and simple, but effective.  So how did you etch it?  I'm curious about the process.

illcom

Thanks
Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on August 23, 2011, 04:23:06 PM
I like the etch!  Nice and simple, but effective.  So how did you etch it?  I'm curious about the process.

I folowed this tutorial, execpt I didn't have any pnp blue so I transfered toner only, it holds the acid but after a while it comes thru
The tutorial is really great, the best i've seen on the net, but again ... the net is wide
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/MarkMs-Gallery/album24/?g2_page=1
Pat

cjkbug

next etch. try adding the acid only where you need it with a small paint brush. keep applying it every couple of seconds and rinse it off with cool water every 3 applications so you can check your progress.aluminum etches much faster than copper and you don't need to go very deep to get a clear image. as the metal gets warm the acid eats faster and faster so the water helps you put the breaks on.  it's very easy to etch too deep.
Quote from: illcom on August 23, 2011, 09:52:44 PM
Thanks
Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on August 23, 2011, 04:23:06 PM

I folowed this tutorial, execpt I didn't have any pnp blue so I transfered toner only, it holds the acid but after a while it comes thru
The tutorial is really great, the best i've seen on the net, but again ... the net is wide
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/MarkMs-Gallery/album24/?g2_page=1
Pat
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

stecykmi

i love the dark version of the meat head, great circuit.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

keysandguitars

Nice work. Thanks for that link to the tutorial gtr2, yet another thing I want to learn how to do.
I should still be a "diode destroyer"!

bigmufffuzzwizz

A simplistic design like that really catches my eye! Well done
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals