News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Angel of Death (Metal) & Sinistube

Started by juansolo, August 21, 2011, 03:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I wouldn't normally post non-madbean effects here, but I've just finished these two and I'm chuffed to bits with them. Plus one of them is a further progression of the BoobTube schem in the Member Projects section.

There's no words to describe just how insane it is running Merlin's quite fantastic Spark Gap into Frequency Central's dirty Prom Girl. To be honest you'd never hear the words anyhow as you'd be suffering from cronic tinitus. Great pedals in their own right. Pure evil when used together. So here they are in a single box of sonic doom.

This is a progression of the boobtube (our take on a Matsumin Valvecaster). This time it's got a 40v going to the plates (same 12v to the heaters and 15v to the output buffer). The vero is simply power and buffer, none of the silicon on there is doing anything for the sound, that's all tube and point to point. The second stage tube is a stompable boost.

Thoughts on this: I just don't think it needs the second boost stage. It works well, don't get me wrong, it's just a *lot* more effort and the standard pedal just kicks ass as it is. But you've got to try these things!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

k.rock!

Oh my God dude....this is just ridiculous..in a GOOD way! haha I love them! Those LEDs under the tubes just look wonderful...man, I would love to hear these out! Any chance you could record something? I'm seriously interested into building a pedal with tubes.

Fantastic man...

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jimmybjj

thats just to awesome. i think you just inspired me to build a "boob" great work!
Pcbs no longer available

juansolo

I really should sort out some method of recording these things. But I don't even have a video camera. I tried with a stills camera that can shoot video and it just all sounded horrible. :(
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

T_MBaker

Brilliantly cool!! Tube pedals are my next move

Haberdasher

wow, love your work juansolo
my brain is on fire right now!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

nzCdog

Thank you... for posting this... made my day! :D
I wanna build one like crazy now!!! :P

jtn191

who cares if tubes are expensive with bars that look that $%^&in' awesome

+1 for some tube demo action

marauder

Quote from: jtn191 on August 22, 2011, 07:46:32 AM
who cares if tubes are expensive with bars that look that $%^&in' awesome

+1 for some tube demo action

The ones on the spark gap aren't, we picked up 10 for £7.50, I think the subminis were £3.50 each, had those a long time.

gtr2

Nice builds!  Lovin the U-bolts  ;D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer