News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Success in 2017

Started by Jules, March 21, 2017, 04:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

I have been involved in this hobby for a little over 3 years now and have had quite a few failures with more complex modulation type pedals.
At the beginning of 2017 I had another go at the ADA flanger after 2 failed Flintlock builds over the years (my crappy building, no fault of lectricfx) This PCB came from Justin at Black Horse effects and it works!
From there I tried 2 even more complex builds with complete success also!
So 2017 seems to be the year I have finally come of age with my building so I thought I would post a few in the build reports. My next mission is to start decorating and designing my enclosures.
ADA flanger:

wgc

Awesome, great job and very happy to hear your tenacity has paid off!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

bluescage

Nice job! Persistence pays off!!

Bruce

Very nice! I about to build that same project. Got my board a few weeks ago. I assume following the Moosapotamus trimmer adjustments was pretty straight forward?

Timko

Nice job!  From my understanding, the A/DA flangers is one of the nicest you can build.  And it's no small feat for a build of that size.  Way to keep it up!

Jules

Quote from: Bruce on March 23, 2017, 09:28:28 AM
Very nice! I about to build that same project. Got my board a few weeks ago. I assume following the Moosapotamus trimmer adjustments was pretty straight forward?
Yes it was pretty straightforward although it takes a while to set the clock frequency correctly. I actually think the multi turn trimmers are beneficial for the task.
It took me about 20 or 30 mins to setup correctly.

tcpoint

Nice!!!  I admire your gumption.  I've had builds that have given me fits, too.  Always a relief when they work.

nzCdog

The sweet sound of success! ;D
Congrats, looks great

cleverbeefalo

What's the bbd count in the A/DA Flanger?

Regardless, congrats dude! Modulation effects are fun.

Jules

Quote from: cleverbeefalo on March 27, 2017, 02:50:29 PM
What's the bbd count in the A/DA Flanger?

Regardless, congrats dude! Modulation effects are fun.
ADA takes 1 x mn3007, great sounding flanger

Lubdar

(--c^.^)--c