News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Double Yorkshire

Started by Tremster, April 06, 2017, 01:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tremster

Recently, Juansolo and Cleggy/Marauder helped me a great deal in debugging my non-working projects. Without them I guess I could have just thrown those projects away, so thank you once again.
I'm not really building much anymore as the error rate really is too high, and I have everything I want, so I will take a longer timeout soon when the last remaining projects are done. I guess I'll make the occasional exception if a project is released that I desperately need, but other than that I'm done for now.

The two gentlemen from Yorkshire also generously gave me some of their own PCBs: their version of the Timmy and their Big Omar boost.

I'm really torn on this one. Not sound wise but with the result of my work.
I made a mistake in aligning the drill holes and the jack holes, so some caps on the Timmy and the jack touched each other when installed, derp. I rotated the PCB by 90 degrees. Not pretty, but it works now.
Also, the Big Omar knob is too close to the footswitch now. It does work, but it's not pretty or practical. Maybe I'll put a smaller knob on there.
Also, the two LEDs aren't aligned right.
Should have been more accurate and less hasty in planning and executing. Also, not my best wiring because of all the crammage in there.

But other than that, I'm happy. I managed to put two circuits and an order switch in a 125B with top mounted jacks.
I only played it for a few minutes last night, but they sound gloriously!
You know what a Timmy sounds like. I don't have my Catch 22 anymore, but from memory I'd say that this one has a tad more gain, if I'm not mistaken. And the tone knobs work the right way around, which is nice.
And the Big Omar, man! This one alone was worth the effort. What a great boost, lots of character.

Thanks, Yorkshiremen.

playpunk

I built a Sparkplug 2+ years ago, and the etch is kinda marginal, the build is too tall for the 1590b that it's in, and it's kinda crammed.

It is totally my favorite pedal and I am sad that Brian discontinued the PCB. It's my favorite drive by a long shot. I could play all of the music I do consistently (p&w) with that pedal, a delay, and a reverb.

So what I'm saying is don't rule it out because of the little problems. The build looks great.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Adam_DIY

Love the knobs they look great.  I'm very partial to my big Omar pedal now it hasn't been off my board since I built it. 

juansolo

I think I'd have put that into a 1590BB ;) Tight!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

bluescage