News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

J112 substitute?

Started by lego4040, April 07, 2017, 10:49:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lego4040

I want to add the not so square pulsing led to NomNom, in case i don't have a j112 can I use say a j201 or similar. So while following this schematic onto perf I am lost as to where the hell LS is supposed to wire up to. On the schem it goes to middle leg gate but on printout pcb it doesn't

lego4040

Shouldn't LS be tied into the - side of the cap/gate(3)? Is it missing a trace to it? Not a biggy, easy fix. I was hoping to have this all boxed and done before road trip tomorrow at Myrtle Beach,

jkp1300

Sorry, for my 1st post being a reply to a 2+ rear old post but it's asking exactly what I'm trying to figure out and I can use lego4040's pics. However, nobody replied to him. Maybe if I resuscitate this post I can get the answer.

Speed control transfer image on page 11 of the NomNom build doc doesn't seem to match the schematic above it - LS pad has no trace. Shouldn't it be connected to Q1 gate which then connects to the LS pad on the PCB?

Thanks in advance - Kenny

imjonwain

Quote from: jkp1300 on January 21, 2020, 07:53:49 AM
...Shouldn't it be connected to Q1 gate which then connects to the LS pad on the PCB?

Yup, based on that schematic.

Here's the j111/112/113 datasheet if you wanna see the specs to find another part to use.

https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/149/J113-889353.pdf
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR

jkp1300