News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

few recent builds - 1000th post special (kraken, lowrider 2015 & total recall)

Started by stecykmi, April 09, 2017, 01:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stecykmi

standard kraken. nice little filter! i like how the controls spell out "RAD" which was totally an accident. the finish is just silver spray paint with a some gold flecks which i did by hitting it with a short jet of gold paint.

lowrider v. 2015. very fun little circuit. haven't played much with it yet. i actually built the previous version that i played with a bunch more. highly recommended project if you are looking for an octaver; as always, brian put together an excellent board. i just wish the switch was a little lower on the pcb.

and finally a pair of total recalls, with xvive 3005's. great sounding circuit as well. good layout too, but if you build one for yourselves make sure you get the tall-sized BB box; fitting it into a regular 1590BB would be real challenge. interestingly, they sound a little bit different from each other which i'm willing to chalk up to biasing variations. one of them has better sounding chorus-like settings.

matmosphere

Very nice work! I really like the knobs you are using. Are the aluminum?

stecykmi

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 09, 2017, 01:06:43 PM
Very nice work! I really like the knobs you are using. Are the aluminum?

they are aluminum or steel, i'm not sure which, but they are solid machined knobs which i love. the total recall and low rider came from a big sale at newark some time back and are the "multicomp" brand. the kraken knobs i forget where i got... may have been been for sale here on the forum a while back.

blearyeyes

bluescage