News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Golden share!

Started by mauzau, August 23, 2011, 11:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauzau

When the economy goes on trouble buy gold!
This is a "golden" La Vache that I called Tweed.
I used a "golden" leaf, like the best barocco italian tradition....
I finished with a a polyurethane gloss layer.
Many thanks to Marco (www.movguitars.com) who suggested and helped me for finishing the pedal.
Ciao!
Mauzau

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheCobbenator

Love the finish!! This pedal continues to tweak my fancy everytime I see a new build! Good work!

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cab_eleven

Looks like a gangsta tooth. How did the leafing go? Fairly straight forward or was it tricky?

mauzau

You must prepare the surface, cleaning it and removing any scratch etc; remember that the gold leaf will amplfy any signs.
I spried with an aibrush (or you can use a brush but the effects is not good) a specific glue (vinilic) (I used for saving money 50%glue - 50% water) buoght with the "golden" leaf in a painter shop.
You wait until the surface glued (withe) became trasparent (less and more one hour); after you put the leaf over the surface and you cana use a soft brush to remove the excess of the leaf. After you can spray a gloss coat in order to protect the thin "gold" layer. Here below a link (in english) of the italian producer
http://www.stamperia.com/eng/prodottiGruppi.php?idGroup=9

Enjoy
Mauro

cjkbug

I've got a bunch of goldleaf and size that I've been wanting to cover a pedal with. I've done an Ibanez s-type with varigated leaf,and the sign at my tattoo shop. but not a whole enclosure like that. looks awesome. there is a ton of cool techniques to use with that stuff too. awesome job!!!
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

nzCdog

Dang that looks soooo cool!  Epic! :o

bigmufffuzzwizz

Never seen a finish like this before..Looks super slick..
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals