News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

THCustom - Valve Driver 1.2 [Tech help needed]

Started by Topsy, April 12, 2017, 08:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsy

Also not getting audio at C21 or beyond either.

WormBoy

Then it is a good idea to check your soldering of the IC socket. And, check if the IC gets 9v on pin 8 and ground on pin 4. At least this is a very clear sign of where things go awry. Hurrah for the audio probe  ;)

C21 is not in the audio path, so that's ok  :)

Topsy

Quote from: WormBoy on April 18, 2017, 12:39:37 PM
Then it is a good idea to check your soldering of the IC socket. And, check if the IC gets 9v on pin 8 and ground on pin 4. At least this is a very clear sign of where things go awry. Hurrah for the audio probe  ;)
I got 0.26V on both pin 8 and 4 .

Quote from: WormBoy on April 18, 2017, 12:39:37 PM
C21 is not in the audio path, so that's ok  :)
besides making a fool of myself , that's a relief ;)

Well that's a relief haha!

WormBoy

Quote from: Topsy on April 18, 2017, 01:49:41 PM
I got 0.26V on both pin 8 and 4 .

Well, there's your problem  ;D. Given that your tube is getting voltage, my guess would be that there's something wrong with the soldering of the IC socket.

Topsy

mhm i've resoldered it but still measuring the same voltages on there, any other tips on what could be the next guess ? could I be doing something wrong in my measuring ?

Topsy

now i'm not getting the correct measurements on the Pin 1 & 6 from the tube . i don't understand anymore ...  :-X :-\

WormBoy

Quote from: Topsy on April 19, 2017, 04:40:50 AM
mhm i've resoldered it but still measuring the same voltages on there, any other tips on what could be the next guess ? could I be doing something wrong in my measuring ?
Anything is possible ... Make sure to connect the black lead from the multimeter to ground, and probe with the red lead. If you don't get the correct voltages from the tube anymore, there may a new problem popping up. Do you have 9V at the +9V pad on the board?

Topsy

I got 8.52V on the +9 pad on the board so it should be fine ..

WormBoy

Weird. There is a direct connection between the 9V-pad and pin 8 of the IC, so I would expect them to be the same. Have you checked the ground connections (is pin 4 of the IC connected to ground, as well as the ground connection of the power supply, etc)?