News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moodring troubleshooting

Started by lego4040, April 14, 2017, 03:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lego4040

:'(So I have a issue with the moodring build, didn't work. I already have my test rig hooked up, tone generator going and audio probes at hand. I have signal at input-c1-R2 then other side of R2 I get no signal. R2 checkouts fine on meter in the circuit?. R3 shows dead short in the circuit but tests fine when pulled. If using probe I get normal signal at IC1 pin 6 and the effect sounds at IC4 pin 7. I know I gotta have an issue somewhere at the beginning of this circuit build. Venting here, I'd rather rebuild from beginning but then you don't learn. I had to stay behind on a family road trip to Myrtle Beach due to illness as well

lego4040

Ok so these are my voltage readings, using a tone generator and a probe coming out of it I get nothing when going from (in)which goes into pin2 on IC1. If I go to Pin6 where the signal goes back in on the dual op amp I get normal signal. What I think I have is a short issue where I circled. If I send signal in from the (in) I can trace it to the the in side of the R2 470K, if I put my tracing audio probe I get nothing. Now if I pull IC1 and measure across P1&P2 at the socket holder I should get the measured value for the R3&C2 together. I don't, I get straight up continuity 0.2 ohm not the 470kish from R3&C2. I might pull those out, I can't find a solder issue. I'll bypass that on pcb and breadboard test that into it.

lego4040

So I removed R2,R3 & C5. Cleaned everything up, checked for shorts and put in new R2,3  and put back C5. Its alive :). Time to play spacey tunes