News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Getting into Wah's

Started by jighead81, April 21, 2017, 02:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jighead81

Wondering how I should start and what I should get.  I'd like to build one of the vero projects on the tagboard page, or even do the wah from BYOC because I like the idea of all the switching.  So many options for the circuit itself, but does anyone make a good wah kit with just the hardware?

beneharris

The wah that madbean sells is really nice.   ;)

Contact Joe Gagan, you can find him here or on facebook, and he can sell you just the hardware.

jighead81

Quote from: beneharris on April 21, 2017, 02:48:10 PM
The wah that madbean sells is really nice.   ;)

Contact Joe Gagan, you can find him here or on facebook, and he can sell you just the hardware.

Good grief, didn't even realize madbean had a wah pcb, I thought they were all "autowah-ish" kinda stuff, lol.  So I'll get the weener wah pcb.  Now I just need to contact Joe for the hardware.  Thanks!

beneharris

NP. I really like the Weener Wah, it sounds really great. Joe has a great inductor, too. The Tone Tank.

WormBoy

If you're looking for hardware (as in wah shell, gears etc.) you might be able to get a broken crybaby somewhere. A while ago, I placed an add for dead crybabies (  ;D ) and got three of them for cheap, plus a Companion FuzzWah (that I revived and sold again). They all had a good inductor that I could re-use as well (though their pots were generally bad).

somnif

Looking on ebay, it appears wah enclosures run about 40$ new, and "for parts" broken wahs in a wild range from 10$ to 300$.

Though with all this, I suddenly really want to try casting my own. Hrm... curse you DIY bug!