News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP enclosures for cheap!

Started by Rockhorst, May 02, 2017, 03:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbp512

I was busy with school, so by the time I got around to ordering it, all the 125B were out of stock. I clearly see we bought them all, so I expect to see a lot of great builds coming up!
"you truly are a transistor tickler, what with the application of germanium ointment to sensitive fuzzy areas. :)" - playpunk

BrianS

Quote from: somnif on May 06, 2017, 04:12:09 PM
Good lord, and I thought my buying 7 enclosures at once was a little excessive...

Well at least now I feel less bad about it  ;D

NO S---! LOL?

I bought 7 today and got 13 from the Mammoth sale last week (I wished I would have seen the PPP sale at that time. WHat a deal.)

Rockhorse must be going into production or will not have to buy a box for the foreseeable future.  That is a bunch of pedel boxes.

Rockhorst

I didn't do a lot of building in 2016 as I was trying to build a guitar. A sudden urge for some quick-succes-endorphins got me back to pedal building. I'm currently on a building spree but will probably take a break again in a few months. This batch of boxes should last me 5 to 10 years I think ;) Not really planning to go into production, although toying with the idea of officially making my repair and customization jobs an official business. Really, the only reason to do that would be to advertise a bit more openly...cuz really, there's little money to be made ;)

BrianS

Quote from: Rockhorst on May 07, 2017, 04:52:40 AM
Really, the only reason to do that would be to advertise a bit more openly...cuz really, there's little money to be made ;)

I continually have people ask me why I don't sell pedals and my asnswer is always there's little money in it.  They always look at me like I am crazy. 

lego4040

Good Lord, I bought all my enclosures from PPP once upon a time. I've been getting them at Small Bear lately, its Local and my old neighborhood

pickdropper

Quote from: BrianS on May 07, 2017, 01:38:46 PM
Quote from: Rockhorst on May 07, 2017, 04:52:40 AM
Really, the only reason to do that would be to advertise a bit more openly...cuz really, there's little money to be made ;)

I continually have people ask me why I don't sell pedals and my asnswer is always there's little money in it.  They always look at me like I am crazy.

That's very true.  It's been slow enough lately that I've been having a very difficult time making all the payments on my Bentley. 

;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gtr2

Quote from: BrianS on May 07, 2017, 01:38:46 PM

Truth.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

stringsthings

Received my 5 1590bb enclosures today.   Very nice! 
These are the nicest enclosures I've ever seen.  Puts my spray-painted boxes to shame.
( although I do enjoy the DIY aspect of painting my own boxes )

I got 5 random colors:   black mini textured, circular/clear, candy red vein, chrome, and candy blue ( i think ).
All for $26.60 shipped.  So just over $5 per, shipped.   A very, very good deal.  The candy red vein alone costs
over $19 without shipping cost added.   My only tiny complaint is a small scratch on the chrome enclosure.
( and chrome is a very finicky finish, IMO so I'm really not bothered - I can hide the scratch easily )

I super tempted to order some more of these clearance boxes.  They do have 125b ribbed in stock.
I'm not sure they had these when I did my first order.  I couldn't be happier with this order.
All You Need Is Love