News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

Quote from: Matmosphere on June 03, 2020, 08:00:16 PM
This one popped into my head when I got an email explain that I got kicked off a large guitar based forum because they were concerned I would upset the White Supremacist members on there. No joke
This also comes to mind:
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

thesmokingman

This one popped into my head when I got an email explain that I got kicked off a large guitar based forum because they were concerned I would upset the White Supremacist members on there. No joke

Was a place I enjoyed, now I feel dirty for ever being there.

it's a silly song, but it seemed to fit the situation unfortunately
you get the boot from TDPRI?
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

matmosphere

Quote from: thesmokingman on June 04, 2020, 09:04:57 AM

Was a place I enjoyed, now I feel dirty for ever being there.

it's a silly song, but it seemed to fit the situation unfortunately
you get the boot from TDPRI?

That's the place. Have you had problems there as well?

It's I was pretty amazed with the level of basically open racism that they allow, but they wouldn't even let people talk about the message against racism that fender sent out. Then when I got the letter from the mod that basically said he wanted to make sure not to upset all the white supremacist there I decided I was absolutely done.

I'm not particularly proud of my last obscenity laden post, I try to behave in a way online that wouldn't be shameful if my little kids saw it later, but so be it in this case.

There were a lot of cool folks on their too, I wish there was some way to solve the issue over there but the mods are not friendly to that kind of talk unless it's stuff they agree with.

thesmokingman

let's just say I'm on my second account there ... they got pretty heavy-handed on the anti-JHS shitposting some years back and I may have accused the moderator of prioritizing the advertising revenue of their website.

back to what I've been listening to here lately ... a lot of protest music, not even picky at this point
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

davent

Power in the Darkness - Tom Robinson, released early 1978

40 years on for this version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B9WCfrj3SQ
Original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auN0ZLcuvXI
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

TheDude

Quote from: Matmosphere on June 04, 2020, 10:12:23 AM
I'm not particularly proud of my last obscenity laden post, I try to behave in a way online that wouldn't be shameful if my little kids saw it later, but so be it in this case.

Your children don't have to condone the words you said to understand the emotions behind why you stood up for what you believe in. They'll get it if they see it.

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides

matmosphere

Quote from: TheDude on June 04, 2020, 10:43:11 AM

Your children don't have to condone the words you said to understand the emotions behind why you stood up for what you believe in. They'll get it if they see it.

yeah, I know, but thanks for saying it. Anyhow my intent was not to derail this thread, there is probably better places to take my personal grievances.

Back to music, but yeah fuck racism

TheDude

Quote from: Matmosphere on June 04, 2020, 10:59:07 AM
Quote from: TheDude on June 04, 2020, 10:43:11 AM

yeah, I know, but thanks for saying it. Anyhow my intent was not to derail this thread, there is probably better places to take my personal grievances.

Back to music, but yeah fuck racism
Understood, just providing some validation.

To get back to music - about the most peaceful thing I can muster right now. Now back to educating myself.

https://youtu.be/gp5JCrSXkJY

The dude abides

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

The groove in this is fucking hypnotic, and I can't help but think of it as AC/DC pre/post Bon.

RIP Layne and Mike. Long Live Alice.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Jay.lingelbach

davent

alanp

Does anyone have a good video of Blue Oyster Cult playing 'Godzilla' in Japan?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

davent

More oldies... a month shy of 55th anniversary for this performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ25-U3jNWM
dave

diablochris6

Supermarkets must have been so much cooler 50 years ago.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here