News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

Quote from: madbean on November 07, 2020, 04:25:35 PM
Just a reminder - when you post youTube links you can shrink them down by adding width=640 (or whatever) in the first bracket.

[youtube width=640]video name[/youtube]
I've noticed that if you omit the [youtube] tag, the forum software embeds the video anyway.  Perhaps there is a site configuration setting to auto-adjust the width for such automatic embedding.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

alanp

Quote from: Sunn O)))Maximum volume yields maximum results.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

m-Kresol

swedish post-rock combo pg.lost has been on heavy rotation since I found out about their upcoming release. This will be great stuff. I know a few people around here that should dig this.

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Thewintersoldier

these guys are so good, been listening to them nonstop the past week. Has a great 80s vibe, reminds me of my childhood.
Who the hell is Bucky?

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

madbean

A while back I posted the video for Lingus from Snarky Puppy. Now here's why we all need to quit guitar. This guy is a maniac.

[youtube width=640]9JKO2qCTXNA[/youtube]

diablochris6

Quote from: madbean on December 08, 2020, 04:10:21 PM
A while back I posted the video for Lingus from Snarky Puppy. Now here's why we all need to quit guitar. This guy is a maniac.

Yeah, Meador is insane. I tried to cop one of his melodic minor licks. I had to slow the video down to like 25% and still took way too long figuring it out.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

madbean

I've watched a lot of his videos now. His left hand is next level. But, if you focus on his right hand he's actually got a super facile technique. He's combining really relaxed picking with hammer-ons and pull-offs but it's so consistent you can't tell the difference b/w and picked and non-picked note. Really impressive.

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Aentons

Quote from: madbean on December 08, 2020, 04:10:21 PM

Reminds me of this for some reason

davent

Of late, Rough Trade, direct-to-disc in 1976, sounds great, like nothing else i own.

Janis Joplin, Grace Jones, Marianne Faithfull, Patti Smith, Dec.13th was the 45th anniversary of Horses release.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

madbean

matmosphere

Revisited this album for the first time in many years. It is really good. I think The Cure, the Beatles, Zeppelin, and Sonic Youth probably made up about 75% or more of the music I listened to from 15-25 years old.

Quote from: madbean on December 15, 2020, 01:59:05 PM
Quote from: EBK on December 12, 2020, 05:56:30 AM
Quote from: madbean on December 09, 2020, 04:59:45 PM
....facile
I just learned a new word.

Yeah those four years of French I took are paying for themselves.

I took two years of French in high school, and another two in college. Honestly, 3 of them were French 1 :(

I have a really hard time learning other languages. I know a lot of math though, does that count?

EBK

Quote from: Matmosphere on December 15, 2020, 02:11:18 PM
I have a really hard time learning other languages. I know a lot of math though, does that count?
Math and music are universal languages.   8)

jimilee

Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Straight To You: Live at Rockplast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.