News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Just finished watching King Crimson live in France, 1982. Discipline tour.
I am not worthy to hold a guitar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

one louder.

kothoma

Quote from: ch1naski on October 03, 2013, 10:55:55 PM

Wrong. Totally wrong attitude. Don't get paralyzed by what's already been done, or what others do.
You can hold a guitar any way you want and do anything with it. (Well, until the neighbours call the police or get violent.)

But those two certainly do interesting things with their guitars. Not to speak of that Stick work.

brejna

I think that in last 10 years in Australia tones of great bands were founded.. I don't know if anyone likes this kind of music, but they just have potential. 12 foot ninja is one of ''youngest bands'' from that scene. There are bands like Karnivool, Birds of Tokio, Butterfly Effect, Thousand Needles In Red...

Brane

RobA

Quote from: ch1naski on October 03, 2013, 10:55:55 PM
Just finished watching King Crimson live in France, 1982. Discipline tour.
Fripp's comments starting at about 22:40 and through 26:15. I've also seen a couple of other interviews with him and read some where he talks about where he started in music and how he developed. I find it very interesting to hear how he views himself.

The whole documentary is fun to watch too.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

ch1naski

People like the guys in KC, and many others, are audio artists. To simply call them guitarists is selling them short.  I play guitar. Those guys paint beautiful masterpieces of sound. They just happen to use the guitar to do it.

It's something to aspire to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
one louder.

ch1naski

Quote from: brejna on October 06, 2013, 05:42:22 PM

who is that? And how can that guy sing on a tour without losing his voice? :P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
one louder.

brejna

I think they are from UK London, don't know singers name but he really transfers the emotions  :'(

RobA

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

billstein

http://youtu.be/OEJh2FFUUoU

Unbelievable! Forgot how good SRV was.

I couldn't figure out how to get a YouTube video in here.

GermanCdn

+1 on the new Alter Bridge, it just kills.

But what's really turning my crank these days is the new Avenged Sevenfold.  It's clear they were all conceived in the bathrooms at the 92 GNR\Metallica tour, but damn do they do it right.  Granted, they can't write a lyric to save their lives, but This Means War is the twenty years later of Sad But True.

Really good couple of months for new music, with AB, AV7, Halestorm, and Stryper all releasing new material.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

alanp

Mate at work loaned me 'Bricks Are Heavy'.

So is the album.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io