News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I was really hoping for a new "Dopes to infinity" sound but it got way melower. Not my cup of tea. But it did get me to listen to DTI again which was good. lol

jimilee

Dave Matthews, live at red rocks. Can't believe that concert was 18 years ago..... Blah!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

croquet hoop

I'm just discovering them, I cannot believe I had not paid more attention to them before.

koky

"When you want something in life, you just gotta reach out and grab it." - Christopher McCandless

davent

Testosterone free reprieve, gives me chills, gorgeous! Sorry... no dirt pedals involved.

... and back to our regularly scheduled programming. Early 70's heavy rock trio, bass was played on organ pedals. All members now gone.

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

angrykoko

I love page's sound during the "san francisco" part  here.  Starts about 5:50 all the way to where he starts in with the bow.
The whole thing just captivates me.
http://youtu.be/ZQgYn23Xvck?t=5m50s
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

ch1naski

I love page's live tone, always. He wasn't always physically "on it", but he more than made up for it with his sheer love of playing live

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

one louder.

raulduke

Ordered Arcade Fire's new album.

Not sure on the stuff I've heard so far, but I'm looking forward to listening to the whole album.

Also Mark Lanegan=WIN.

Blues Funeral is one of my favourite albums of the last few years.

angrykoko

Quote from: ch1naski on October 28, 2013, 09:33:02 PM
He wasn't always physically "on it",
Yeah but, that's part of the whole package that I love about him, the human part of it.  Also I've tried playing my guitar slung that low, he must have crazy long arms or something because it's not something even remotely possible for me without being a sloppy mess.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

ch1naski

Same here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

one louder.

gingataff

Quote from: davent on October 26, 2013, 03:39:44 PM

... and back to our regularly scheduled programming. Early 70's heavy rock trio, bass was played on organ pedals. All members now gone.

I love that album.
Here is their classic performance on TOTP

This past couple of weeks I've been on a FNM trip, especially the last 2 albums.

jkokura

The more I learn about playing slide guitar, the more amazed at Derek Trucks I become. Guy makes his guitar sing like no other I've ever heard.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

ch1naski

Jacob, I have about 50 Derek Trucks live shows, and he is AMAZING on every one. He did play a bit more fusion style back in the late 90's/early 2000's..... and with the Allman brothers? Insane.
I'm kind of sad to see him mellow out with Tedeschi /Trucks band, tho. It's still great music, just not as wild and adventurous.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

one louder.

jubal81

Wow, Jacob. Thanks for posting that video. I have an album to buy.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair