News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

Bill Walker

Ray Montford

I need a reverb and a looper right now....
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

angrykoko

Mick Ronson.. I love his tone.
And prior to this clip showing up recently in an email.. I don't think Iv'e ever heard this before (I'm not a huge bowie fan).
The guitar just makes this for me.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

raulduke

That Derek Trucks track is something else. Superb playing.

No guitars on this, but it is the best 'pop' song I've heard for a while. The singer has a great, scottish tinged, voice to boot too!

ch1naski

I've been in a Bob Marley/Peter Tosh  mood lately. Lots of interesting sounds in reggae.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

one louder.

GermanCdn

And I'm back to my roots - No More Hell To Pay by Stryper.  Phenomenal album all around.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

raulduke

GTA5 has made me remeber how great this (Thunder)Cat is.

Funkiest bass player around at the moment.

Smell the Fonk!

alanp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambient_4:_On_Land

Not just a great ambient album, I'd rank it as one of the greatest albums.

It always conjures up images of a vast forest, ancient, with sunlight obscured by dense canopy, with patches of swamp ("Tal Coat") interspersed with brief periods of clouded light ("Dunwich Beach") that even then appears grey, stormy, with wind building it up into great breakers.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

ch1naski

Alan, that description sold me on it.  Sounds like great rainy day music, too

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

one louder.

davent

^Possibly bits of that were recorded around the corner from where i used to live at Daniel Lanois' old studio.

and...

Hopefully not having to listen to it yet but inevitable, Christmas music. Seeing as this gets real old for me really fast, one days plenty... and the wide variety of music people listen to around here, any suggestion on interesting/alternative seasonal music that's not the same old same old?

I saw Nick Lowe's put something out as had Bad Religion, anybody heard them? All opinions and suggestions appreciated. I have others in the house i must pacify with seasonal cheer.

Thanks loads!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

ch1naski

Davent, there's always the Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas Rocks album. Also if you're into punk, the Vandals "Oi To The World" album is great.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

one louder.

alanp

Catch 33? Well, it counts as interesting, at least ;)

Personally, the only time I play any seasonal music is christmas carols when I am at church. Massive can't be bothered otherwise.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

raulduke

If you want Christmas music look no further than:

Contains family favourites like 'Merry F*cking Christmas' and 'Oh Tannenbaum' (sang by Adolf Hitler).

If you are easily offended then stay well away...

DutchMF

"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pickdropper

My 8 year old has been playing Across the Universe by Laibach over and over.

So I guess I've been listening to that lately.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

angrykoko

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.