News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

what are you guys listening to at the moment?

Started by the3secondrule, August 25, 2011, 06:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

You might know this song, but this is a cover version by Belgian band De Staat, they rock.

Paul

(in a couple of shots, you can see a boat load of pedals, I'll see if I can find out what the guy uses!!)
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

davent

One of my all time favourite guitarists from a time before they invented security and bouncers. I think the audience is into it.

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

Something a little different...

And got to see these guys in the summer, brilliant! This is a joy to behold, how build a song to a climax!

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

alanp

A mate loaned me _Manala_ by Korpiklaani.

I'm loving all of it, so far, but I cannot understand a single word! (Kinda like Rammstein, except this is very strongly folkmusic flavoured.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

ch1naski

Quote from: Cortexturizer on December 16, 2013, 10:20:08 AM
If there's one song you should listen to while building pedals

This is the song!
This totally reminds me of the band I was in with the guitar player from The Adolescents.  They are called Cavemen Voicebox.
I think they have a cd out now here in the states......

Curt.

one louder.

icecycle66

I've watched/listened to this about four times today.

It gets me every time.

Cortexturizer

I love this song. Whenever I think of it I end up listening on repeat which I rarely do. Incredible emotion.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

micromegas

Quote from: DutchMF on January 06, 2014, 11:57:01 AM
You might know this song, but this is a cover version by Belgian band De Staat, they rock.

Paul

(in a couple of shots, you can see a boat load of pedals, I'll see if I can find out what the guy uses!!)

I don't know if I have talk about this group before, but you have to listen to 'Screaming Headless Torsos', little more acid, but I think you could love them :)

juansolo

Quote from: Cortexturizer on December 16, 2013, 10:20:08 AM
If there's one song you should listen to while building pedals

This is the song!

Bizarrely I was building pedals to that the other day! Spooky!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

DutchMF

Quote from: micromegas on January 15, 2014, 03:00:25 PM
I don't know if I have talk about this group before, but you have to listen to 'Screaming Headless Torsos', little more acid, but I think you could love them :)

Thanks for the tip, I'll check 'm out!

jubal81

Quote from: Cortexturizer on January 13, 2014, 01:41:32 PM

I love this song. Whenever I think of it I end up listening on repeat which I rarely do. Incredible emotion.

This is fantastic. New to me.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

DutchMF

Quote from: Ettore_M on December 22, 2013, 12:25:49 PM
Ed Sheeran! That dude is talented!  8)
I don't know if any of you guys listen to him and like him, but I do!  ;D Maybe I like him so much, because I'm young!  ::)
Enjoy!

EDIT: Good God! What did I post??  :o Sorry guys!  ::)
Hector

Don't be ashamed, I like Ed as well. Did you see him perform at the closing ceremony of the London Olympics with some former Pink Floyd members? Fabulous......

Paul

Cortexturizer

Hey dudes awesome that you like Girls and Solarized, I am so glad :)

Screaming Headless Torsos have been one of my favorite bands of all time for a while now. Just a superb band with incredible musicianship and vocal skills. If that wasn't enough their creativity is like nothing out there. It is a shame they haven't produced more albums. If anyone knows about a band that's THAT much rooted in funk, and still have the guts to improvise, do an occasional punk riff and uses odd time signature hahaha, please let me know!

What am I listening right now -

These GODS had the decency to visit my country twice and my life has been changed ever since.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

micromegas

Quote from: Cortexturizer on January 16, 2014, 01:54:27 PM
If anyone knows about a band that's THAT much rooted in funk, and still have the guts to improvise, do an occasional punk riff and uses odd time signature hahaha, please let me know!

This comes to mind.

and this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1cskIan5Jw

also got in love recently with the last John Scofield CD (Uberjam Deux) .This, together with some Charlie Hunter and a New Mastersounds record is what I put in the playlist I listen to every day  during my walk to work.